98cc w/Huashang Carb AGK Jackshaft Shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I will have sometime this evening to get some close ups and let yaguys know how she compares to the HS.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Ok here are a few photos of the set up.If I were to compare this to the HS the biggest difference would be this little motor will pull and pull.I was going straight into 20mph winds coming off the lake and it gained speed in all 5 gears with no problem.If you have the HS you know this is not possible and yes this is a 98cc not a 49cc.The other thing I noticed was how this setup engages so fast into the next gear.I caught myself power shifting when shifting normal.brnot

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
N I C E ! Where did you find the pull start thingy? And did you make the exhaust bit that attaches to the motor before the flex pipe?

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx everyone. I used a standard kit exhaust and bored the mount holes alittle to get it to fit.The motor fit fine under the cross bar.I recieved a ne AKG mount today so I will lowering the engine.Another part I will be installing is a chain deflector or guard.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
HI MotoMagz super build!!

but i have some questions amut this build.

1. What rear hub are you useing on this build?

2. What frame is this?

3. What is your top speed?

I have a 1957 Schwinn panter i want motorize. and this could fit the bill.

You know what they say, copying is the sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks Don P

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hey Don the frame is a Roadmaster they are $150 shipped off of Ebay.My rear hub is a Sturmey Xfd 5 speed internal with a 70mm drum.As for top speed on this one I have not reached it yet but I could guess around 45mph.A few thing the bottom mount is custom and hooked up to the shiftkit jackshaft bracket.You will need some very wide pedal cranks if you want to leave the pull starter on.I'm posting so others will build with this engine and we can all share are build tips and ?'s so copy away.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well. Its been a few days Moto. Hows the bike running and how you liking that jackshaft? It doesent look like the one on AGK's site ( diferent markings ) What clutch are you running? OH! And more pic of your fantastic build please :)

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Don't you mean X-RD5? The X-FD is a 70MM front drum without dynamo :D
It all just blends together in my brain after awhile...yes you are correct.

I am working on the bike again.I switched to the AGK mount and the motor does not sit as far forward.So I am waiting on some wide crank arms and hoping they will clear.But yes it was running really good..lol then I got a hold of it again!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Some how or another I missed your thread and now after looking through it I must say you've got got a real hummer there, Nice Job!! Keep us posted

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
quick update I switched carbs to a GX160 and also switched out my #35 sprocket on the AGK jackshaft to 42 Tooth.Glad I was holding on when I have it some throttle.Tons of torque and shifting is fast from 1st to 5th.It will get you out of the gate very quick not a high speed set up.I think I will try a 38 tooth sprocket next,which should give me the best of both.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
They are the same Plate with different sprockets/output sprockets.It is a Promod plate so if you are going to do your own sprocket set up you will just need the plate with bearings/shaft is 5/8.For example I bought the predator one with the #35 and #41 output sprockets(witch I did not need) and replaced them with a #35 42T and a 11T SBP sprocket.So basically I should have just bought the plate.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
They are the same Plate with different sprockets/output sprockets.It is a Promod plate so if you are going to do your own sprocket set up you will just need the plate with bearings/shaft is 5/8.For example I bought the predator one with the #35 and #41 output sprockets(witch I did not need) and replaced them with a #35 42T and a 11T SBP sprocket.So basically I should have just bought the plate.
The two jackshaft assemblies are actually different. The one we sell for motorized bicycles is slightly longer for added clearance behind the engine. It also uses a shorter bearing carrier to allow the secondary chain to line up in a motorized bicycle application.