98cc w/Huashang Carb AGK Jackshaft Shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Chris.. I bought a clutch from AGK that has been modified for the 79cc 99cc and now this clutch #4200 I believe.That picture you posted is the one from Pirates site and it is funny how they have the clutch on the jackshaft and not the motor shaft cuz that won't work!HS carb fired right up I will have to wait to see when it is up and running if it will need any work.If it does I believe AKG sells a big bore.The Lifan carb is useless once you remove the govoner(which is not nessesary)it has no adjustments at all.

Velodrome...do you need any more measurements??? Yes theat is the HS and the Lifan in the first post.I will be doing the old wrap the rope around and pull.I might be able to fit
the shroud and recoil after I get everything in place.This recoil is different then the HS it mounts to the shroud and the shroud to the motor.The HS recoil mounts right to the motor.Good vid !

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Got my GTC and AGK mixed-up! Glad to here that AGK sells a clutch for their kit. EZM Q-matic mounts their clutch on the rear drive shaft, so it seems it is an option to mount the clutch on the rear. EZM claims that a rear mounted clutch uses less power.

Look forward to your progress.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Got my GTC and AGK mixed-up! Glad to here that AGK sells a clutch for their kit. EZM Q-matic mounts their clutch on the rear drive shaft, so it seems it is an option to mount the clutch on the rear. EZM claims that a rear mounted clutch uses less power.
Hey Magz, ya shoulda slapped a Q Matic on that hunk of metal! :D
You got a little Whizzer there man!

Oh right, EZM claims a lotta stuff. :)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
So Moto. Yes some more compare O pics would be nice. Side views and such. I have a line on one of thes used and I'm thinking it would look wonderful in my BTR build.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Also: Whats your plan for the wraparound pullstart rope thingy? Im not seeing an existing rope wrapper whatsit. Lastly: U think thet 4G I got will mount up to this without much modding?

Attachments

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Just noticed that the engine on the right is stamped 152F and searching the internet I've found several engines (97cc, 98cc and 100cc). Look left of the oil filler.

Upon further searching, model 152F is the Harbor Freight Greyhound 79cc engine:
http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/97000-97999/97964.pdf

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
I think you did look at the engine on the right very closely because it is a flat head and the Greyhound 79cc is a OHV engine.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Ok Vel here ya go the HS is 9" wide and 9 3/4 tall.The Lifan is 10 1/2 wide and 9 1/2 tall.These measurments r from end of shaft to outside of recoil.The 4G would need a adaptor plate of some kind made to get it to work on this engine. Here are a few mock up pictures.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH! That just looks like such a darn good build! R side photos please! Thanks for the measurements! Im gonna try to pick up a used one this weekend.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
!!! GOT ONE !!! $70 used! Off a minibike that got upgraded to a HF 212cc Came with a Max Torque clutch too! Moto, you are quite right bout the adaptor plate. Not sure if If I wanna go 4 G now, or go with the Jack shaft setup your doing. These are seriously nice looking motors and very compact! Nice find Moto!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
K, I gots questions. To quote the Moto: "The Lifan carb is useless once you remove the govoner(which is not nessesary)" OK first, could you guess how much safe RPM you pick up by gov removal? Second: Other than adjustment what makes the stock carb useless? Too small ( cant be smaller thant the 49cc HS carb) too lean and no available jets? whatsit? Lastly ( for now) could you describe the govener removal process? I got mine cheep but I still dont wanna funk it up. :)

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
If you leave the Gov and all the linkage the carb on the Lifan is perfect.Once everything is removed the carb is useless.So just leave evrything as is and hook a throttle up to the linkage and it will bw just fine.As for added RPMs I added alot put it is not safe if you want to keep the engine.I beat the snot out of my HS and over reved the little engine all the time...I think it liked it.I don't know how this one will react.I an just now tunning in the gearing.When I said the wrap the rope around to start..just think of an outboard motor how they wrap the rope around and pull...agaian and again.I will get a pic. of the other side tomorrow.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
To remove gove you simply remove crank cover and you will see the little gov sprocket.Gently rip it out along with any other parts and be careful not to leave any little washers or parts in there.Then push the rod out and plug the hole with a bolt.It was simple and it was my first time.It is right there when you open up the engine.On most engines it is located on the other side and harder to get to.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
What a strong little flathead this turned out to be.Lots of power with out the high RMP.I am still in the experimental stage but getting closer to my final gearing.Aleman helped me out alot with the ratios and sprocket selecting.Thanx for the help Aleman!So far I have only gone through 3 gears and it is quick.............more tooo come.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Anytime MotoMagz, always glad to help with math and ofc eager to see what you come up with next! :D

I'm seriously considering running the same engine on one of my pedal bikes. I've had an AGK jackshaft in my toolbox for over a year, it's begging to be put to work :D