new and have questions.

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
SickBikeParts has nice upgrade stud kits, and they have nice upgrade fuel valves as well. The kit studs and fuel valves are crap! On the busted mounting stud, the seat tube studs have that spacer slid on them that is round to match the frame tube, have you pulled the motor and looked to see if the stud busted at the motor or just inside this spacer? I had this happen to me once, was all worried about extracting the broken stud, when I pulled the motor off the mounting spacer slid off and there was plenty of stud left for me to grab onto and screw out. I went with the SBP studs and never had a problem since (I also purchased a click torque wrench to keep me in check).
On the WOT 4-stroking, I would do a plug chop at WOT and take a look at it. Be it rich or lean, you can either adjust the air flow with mods to the air filter and/or exhaust or jet the carb to match the air flow. Do you know what carb you are running?

whitefiretiger

Jun 16, 2012
Nebraska, USA
Thanks ill look into the studs and fuel valve.

Yea its at the block. I has the round adapter spaced away from the block to get it to fit the frame.

The WOT 4-stroking lessened just by changing to a ngk plug and a wot chop looked realy clean I was surprised. But its still there. I did try a run without the filter (1 block) and it seemed better. I've got a k&n filter I modded to fit I'm going to try when I get it running.

I have a NT carb (with black skull shaped air filter)

What should I try for exhaust to free it up? I'm planning for x chamber but that will have to wait till I get it back on the road and maybe till I get moved.