No Kill Switch Needed. Translation: No Idle?

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
The pictures has been photshopped, you can see the pixelation near where the kill switch assembly would be on the throttle cable. Thats a lil fishy.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
The pictures has been photshopped, you can see the pixelation near where the kill switch assembly would be on the throttle cable. Thats a lil fishy.
Yeah, I see that! These clowns take away features and functions while still upping the price.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I found that a paddle switch from auto zone or radio shack works better for a kill switch, no need to hold it in place but I did try running with out a kill switch for awhile because my bike doesn't idle, it just cuts out, but for the two or three times it did not cut out I was quickly convinced to put in a kill switch.

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
wow the first ebay add doesnt even show the throttle cable or even the surround you use to hold it in place it looks like the old "delux grips" we use to see alot on ebay but withought the kill and even the mounting hardware for the throttle?? why

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Spikedfox, in the first listing, they photo shopped it out. Poorly at that. I think it was still there, the kill switch but they don't sell it that way so they edit it out. I don't know what you actually get but its either a throttle made a for a kill switch just without one or some other design without the option of the kill switch. Either way, its total BS. An engine should NEVER be equipped without a kill switch.

Last edited:

xetaprime

Aug 31, 2011
florida
I bought one of these kits and am sorry I did. Everyone has mixed feedback and I thought this would do OY! Almost went with BGF and I think I should have. They painted this engine silver covering gaskets and bolts then stuck nice stickers over all the bolts! And two on the drive plate flat heads are locked. I'll worry about them later.

Either way it's 90% together and with no kill switch so I'll pick one up tomorrow. Am I right in thinking a momentary switch or can it be a regular switch?

Regards all,
Xeta

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
...They painted this engine silver covering gaskets and bolts then stuck nice stickers over all the bolts! ...
Sorry to hear that you got a sh|tty kit.

What, are these engines floor sweepings that have been painted up to hide the defects?

I guess I will have to stick with BGF as my engine supplier.

Last edited:

xetaprime

Aug 31, 2011
florida
Thanx. Will pick up a momentary switch tomorrow.

I know. I'm actually thinking of buying an engine 'only' next month to have as back up. I should know in a day or so if she fires up. Fingers crossed- again. The thing is the pictures looked really nice and duped me :0 Nice silver engine! Not :( but maybe she's a tough babe in waiting. We shall see :)

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I disconnected my stock kill switch when my first engine died because I thought there was a short in it. turned out that was wrong, but my brother in law gave me a paddle switch and I installed that. I also used 18g copper wire to connect the switch. I like it a lot better because it is maintained (not momentary), and if I leave the switch off the bike can't be started. it would probably take a thief a little while to figure it out. the stock switch/wiring sucks. I recently got a brand new throttle and disconnected the stock switch before even installing the throttle. I didn't need it anyway, with having the maintained switch and all.

Last edited:

xetaprime

Aug 31, 2011
florida
Thanx MBF, good to know. I was thinking of buying a throttle with a switch. How did you mount the switch if I may ask or did you replace the throttle switch directly?

xetaprime

Aug 31, 2011
florida
Good morning, well yesterday was her first run. Had to add a wider spacer in back to keep chain clearance as I am avoiding the tensioner like the plague ;) Had to buy a super lock washer today because even with the stock bike nuts the rear wheel wasn't stayin fixed. Tried riding her to the market this morning and because of that the chain slacked enough to jump the sprocket! Thank God I was going slow and caught it before serious damage. Will post pics after she's a bit more settled. I also seem to get that screeching sound people talk about. Haven't lubed the gears yet or explored that further. At least she's running though! OY!