Love the CNS carb

GoldenMotor.com

JTinFL

Feb 4, 2010
Port Charlotte,Florida
How do I keep my CNS carb from vibrating off the engine? I have a great setup and am getting great speed, but the engine hits the high revs and off she goes. I've tried using fuel hose because the rubber o-ring appears to have disintegrated.

If Jim sees this: could you please develop an intake exactly for the CNS?
This is'nt as nice as your billet intake but might solve your problem.One came with my CNS carb.
http://www.gasbike.net/bike-motor-engine-off-set-air-intake-pipe.html

Attachments

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
I was running my engine with the CNS carb having good pick up then it died, thinking my engine is tilted forward some, maybe tbe float needs to be lowered. Then I thought maybe the pin that lets tbe gss in might of stuck, dont know. My friend wants to try my CNS carb, his engine is strater then mune. I might tdy it again I moved the float down a bit, and ported tbe off set intake. Did any one have this problem.wee.

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Day 2 using the CNS carb. Small intake cut and weld. Little idle adjust, little air/fuel adjust, runs perfect! Sounds wicked too, quite a bit louder then the stock carb with stock filter and dust cap. Top end is very strong. Idle takes a little to drop but its getting better with use. B5HS is nice a color. Anyone get water moisture on the outside of the intake?

YouTube - 66cc CNS Carb

brnot

(photo is angled a bit, the carb isn't angled down that bad, but it is a little)
I tried my carb setup like the original post pictures and it won't work. After 2 days of not being able to ride, I also discovered that my mixture adjust had gotten turned out to the point that it wouldn't idle or run right.

If you connect vacuum from the top barb beside the air filter, you'll cause your float bowl to always have negative pressure, which keeps fuel from going up the needle and into the intake. Don't connect any thing to that barb except to plug it. The only thing I know for sure works on the bottom float bowl tube is a drain hose to direct fuel/oil away from your bike ~ mine has been collecting fluids for a couple months and it looks nasty!

My c-clip is at the top of the original carb needle and the mixture screw is actually only one to 1.5 turns out, for best running/speed conditions.

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
I was told i didnt need the over flow tube on bottom and it didnt go anywhere..wrong i broke it off for clearance and yes it did leak fuel so i soldered it shut. Ran good but i still need to get it dialed in with the screws. Now that i have read how, also im going to put some extensions on the vents on side as they are blowing fuel out of them a little. Maybe my float is too high. Not sure yet, I ordered the speed carb from spookytooth to see if i like it better. They are bigger and for the 66 cc engines exclusively .