New performance parts for "The Wizard"

GoldenMotor.com

TheWizard

Feb 25, 2015
Hanford
I have not posted anything lately, and I just wanted to share some of my recent performance upgrades and mods done on my bike. SBP Expansion Chamber pipe, 5.5cc chambered Fred Head, 40 tooth rear sprocket. And a couple of weeks ago, my dad and I did some port matching and a mild porting and polishing job on the intakes. The piston was also modified to prevent blockage. Unfortunately, we had to install the SBP pipe from the top because we could not install it at the bottom with out it hitting the pedals and removing the kickstand. So to prevent burning our left legs, we decided to wrap it and moved the seat up a bit so we don't feel the heat. Very happy with the way it came out. This is the best she has ever ridden. Plenty of power and lots of head turning. Very happy with the end results. Next and probably the last thing on our list will be new tires and a high performance CDI unit. I am hoping the CDI will correct some of the four stroking I am getting at high rpm's. Hope you guys like how The Wizard looks. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks guys!

Attachments

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Looking good! What hub adapter did you get? Also CDI's probably won't fix your four stroking. I run a HD Lightning system which around here is fairly highly regarded, but honestly I don't know if it's any better than the stock unit.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Hi Wiz,

You didn't happen to mention re-jetting your carb for your new pipe, I assume you did but if you did not that would be a solution for your four stroking at top. You will never realize the potential of your sbp pipe until you find the jet it likes and the correct clip setting.

There is tons to read on this site about jetting and clip adjustment. Some members like to solder and drill and others like to purchase them. SBP has plenty of different sizes to choose from for reasonable price. I personally like to purchase them because they are stamped with the size number on them and you don't get confused when tuning and testing. It's a matter of preference.

I see you have a rather long header pipe, that is also just a matter of preference. I believe you can eliminate that four stroking at wot by playing with your carb some more even if you did attempt to re-jet.

you have a real nice bike, good luck with it and have fun!