Cruiser frame with fat bike wheels? Help?!

GoldenMotor.com

alisonsup

Jun 26, 2015
Houston,tx
Hi
I'm new to motor assisted bikes and I wanted to make my first one to resemble a early 1900s motorcycle but I wanted add the fat bike wheels into the design(simply because I like them). My only problem is I can't find a cruiser frame that accomadates the 26 x 4 in fat wheels. Does anyone know where I can find a cruiser frame that will work?
Attached is the photo of the cruiser frame design I would like to use for this project

Attachments

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hello there. It may be possible to modify the frame you want to accommodate the fatty tires but will take some doing and expense. Someone on this forum was putting a motor on one of those fat daddy (something like that) bikes but there will be chain/tire clearance problems and you'd have to custom mount the motor off to the left. this could get very tricky.

try searching the forum for some threads regarding fat tires, fatty, wide tires etc.

and Happy Canada Day!

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Which is not to say it can't be done, but most cruiser frames will run up to a 3" tire with no issues, you will still need to offset the motor and sprocket clearance for it to work, but less trouble than modifying an entire frame.

mat_man

Jan 29, 2011
athens ga
A few you might want to look at:

Micargi Slugo Fat Tire Bike with 4″ wide wheels. Steel frame.

Mango LongBoard FT Fat Bike Cruisers $399. AL frame.
fits up to most 26x3.75" Fat bike Tires

Mango Macaw FT Cruiser Fat Bike $299. AL frame.

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I wonder if the 4 stroke motors would be more suitable for the fat tires. Matman made some good suggestions for bikes and when I looked up some photos I was reminded of the Micargi Royal Dutch frame. Looks very cool to me.

happy hunting

merkur

Jun 29, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm going to be building one from Sikk. The bike is huge!!!! very comfy and riding it in the gravel or across the lawn, you hardly notice you left the road....

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The Slugo has been done by one of the members on here, a quick Google search will pull it up it was actually his second or third fat bike build. All used SBP jackshafts I believe. Others outside the forum have also both with jackshafts and offset mounts. You might look to the people who build mounts for the stingrays for an off the shelf reasonably priced offset mount if you want to avoid the jackshaft and run single speed.

Last edited: