An update on the hog

GoldenMotor.com

suzukirider

Jun 5, 2012
canada
A quick update and some pictures of my bike, i call it the hog.

I have $40 into this thing, that's it.

Since this spring, i've installed new forks with suspension, new bars, a convex mirror, a kick stand, and a v-brake on the front along with aggressive tires.

The motor is a 5hp briggs and stratton with a higher compression head and large exhaust. I'd estimate that this engine makes about 5.5-6hp.

Fastest i've been so far is 81km/h, but that was before the head swap. Who knows what it will do now?

over 300 kms on the clock with this motor.

206ccs of torque

top speed and odo

the kick stand and its homemade retaining mechanism

the hog

suzukirider

Jun 5, 2012
canada
**** yeah it's tons of fun. I ride it to work, drive across town on it, i've even driven to the next town over, about 20km down the highway.

I still need to rig up a kill switch on the bars, just today a spring popped off and the throttle stuck open. I stopped with the front brake after about 50 meters, heart pumping.

I should make a video of this thing

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Suz. Really like the DIY "muscle MB" look

I have done the "stuck wide open throttle" thing. Not fun! LOL. I was on a poorly performing ChinaGirl, so no where near what you enjoyed. but scary enough.

Ended up doing doughnuts in the snow. Wife thought I was showing off until laundry day.

(KIdding. She made me do my own laundry)

kyle86

Nov 22, 2012
Ga
Dude!! Awesome build!! That is showing some inginuity. You must have scored some awesome deals only having $40 in it!

A couple questions if you don't mind. Where did you get the sprockets and how are they attached? Also what did you get the head off to raise the compression?