New Spark plug wire from SBP now no start.

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Im Tired. Did a lot on the bike today. Including a new, very nice plug wire from SBP. The old one unscrewed fine with no glue holding it in which was nice, but restarting the new plug wire took quite a lot of effort. I used a dab of di-electric grease on the plug tip under the boot and on the bit that screws into the CDI. After getting the bike back togather enough to be rideable no startie :( Odd because up until then every time I have requested an engine start it has cooperated and delivered without complaint. Im going to bed but will be back first in the morning... Discuss. PS: New pic's of some tricks I did to the Scotsman tomarrow.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is resistance wire. You'll need to confirm a good electrical connection at both ends. That means finding the conducting core and making sure it is in contact with the screw in the CDI and on the plug boot end. Or you could replace it with a metallic core wire, preferably copper, and you should be okay.
I'm sure SBP would have some suggestions. They're good people and will talk to you. Contact them. Good luck
Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
NEVERMIND! I figured it out. The little metal nipple I took off the spark plug for the chineese boot to work, had to go back on for the new plug wire to work: No nipple no sparkie. Heh. HehHeh! HehHehHeh! i said nipple... :)