Motorized Bicycle Kit with New Style Muffler

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Has anyone bought an motorized bicycle kit with the new style muffler?
How does it fit to the contours of the bicycle? It looks like there might be clearance problems if the engine is mounted too high in the frame.
Looks like there is a nut/bolt on both sides for easy disassembly and cleaning.
Are there any pics of MBs with this type of muffler installed?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Re: MB Kit with New Style Muffler

Sry, no experience with it, but it sure looks nice!
I'll bet it's an improvement.
rc

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

From the look of the exhaust and the long curve of the pipe before it reaches the muffler, it looks like it would sit underneath the bottom bracket of the bicycle, but I plan on using a small frame with 24 inch wheels, so I want to get an idea of what a completed kit on a bicycle looks like.

Otherwise, I will get a kit that has a 'regular' exhaust and kill switch, because this kit has no kill switch included, so that is an addition extra item that has to be obtained and mounted somehow.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a muffler clamp would have to be a mile long to secure it to the frame.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania

these mufflers are sold as aftermarket parts as well now. there are two versions of them. all of the ones pictured are the low hanging version. not sure what is good about a muffler hanging so low other than a longer header. on a smaller frame I would worry about it dragging. there is also a version where the head pipe is the same as on the cat mufflers. both versions feature a removable baffle for added performance. I have used a muffler with the baffle removed (not this one, a black cat actually) and found that it performs similar to an expansion chamber. can't say its exactly the same, but I did have added torque on hills and would feel the rpm's decrease and then increase again, just like an expansion chamber.