! NOTICE ! Motorized Bicycles Addictive It Can Be!

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
OK! So what I'm hooked on building Custom Motorized Bikes.

I guess it could be worse, I told her all my money is for my hobby of Building Custom Motorized Bicycles, and the money left over gets wasted on bills, gas electric, food, clothing...etc...etc....

Intervention time according to my wife, she thinks I've gone overboard.

I told her ok I'm not going to buy anymore bikes, welders, engines, tools, etc.. for awhile, hope that gets her off my back for now!

Since 2008 I've been building custom motorized bicycles, I've filled my garage and g-mom's garage just stock piling Stretch Cruisers, Adult sized Schwinn Stingray Choppers, Schwinn OCC Stingray Choppers, a couple of Firebikes BTR's, a couple of Worksman Inb's, and finally today my wife said to me, you have enough bikes.

Little does she know I have 5 more bikes at my brothers house...ha ha ha..oops did I just type that.

I don't think I have a problem I'm just saving these bikes from a horrible death at the local landfill, just doing my part to be green and re-bi-cycle!

Whats your story with motorized bicycling, and when did it all start!

C.H. brnot

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
saw a guy riding one while i was walking home on a very cold new england winter night and knew i wanted one. i had always rode bicycles in preference to cars, now i get the best of both options, speed distance and convenience, as well as comfortably pedaling around and enjoying the winter.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Crazy horse.... now WHY did you have to put the link in for that sweet looking motor?!!! Now I gotta have one! have you used one? they look pretty beefy. I just need a new stretch frame to get started on. I am almost done with my first build and it has been an absolute blast! hooked for life now

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
In late 2007 I was told I must stop driving an automobile. Mostly because I have some significant brain damage and could easily kill a family of four while driving. Since I don't feel like I'm a danger to myself, I began looking for a way to get around. One that would most likely kill only me, if I made the ultimate mistake. I saw the kits on ebay and built one.

Of course I had a problem with the motor. This site did not exist, so I went to the other one. They were useless to me. All except for a guy name Norman, who walked me through the repair I had to make. We got the bike running and he got me hooked. Then I took the path less traveled.

I began building bikes with weed whackers, Then I moved on to Ebikes, now I have come back to gasoline bikes, but i'm still building odd looking friction bikes, not the beauties you guys build. I am the bastard stepchild, but I can do that just fine.

I build my bikes so that I can ride them, in doing that I hope I'm showing other old guys, who are not in perfect shape, that they don't have to stop doing things. We just have to do them differently. Aging doesn't have to mean getting old, till it really happens. You can still enjoy the journey.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Help with an addiction? Heh... perhaps you wish a 12 step program?

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Yea Ok Ok, sos I quoted meself :oops:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Crazy Horse, I don't see a problem until you've rented your fourth large storage unit.
That tells you that you should have rented the 20x20 unit. That's the problem.

Steve.

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
i have been interested in MB's since i was 10 ,1978 , anyone remember the ad for the bicycle motor in the comic books ? it was front mounted , friction drive , and i think about 25 cc's ,put out maybe a half of a horse , it was direct drive and you threw a lever to engage it , i thought boy that would be nice to help climb heart break hill just out side of town LOL,i found staton inc in the 80's , but they were very expensive even for the day, "i think they may have actually came down in price " , but i had already made the move to motorcycles and kept a bicycle around for recreation purpose as is , but the MB concept has been in the back of my head ever since , and in a few days i will be a motorized biker .....cvlt1

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i have been interested in MB's since i was 10 ,1978 , anyone remember the ad for the bicycle motor in the comic books ? it was front mounted , friction drive , and i think about 25 cc's ,put out maybe a half of a horse , it was direct drive and you threw a lever to engage it , i thought boy that would be nice to help climb heart break hill just out side of town LOL,i found staton inc in the 80's , but they were very expensive even for the day, "i think they may have actually came down in price " , but i had already made the move to motorcycles and kept a bicycle around for recreation purpose as is , but the MB concept has been in the back of my head ever since , and in a few days i will be a motorized biker .....cvlt1
I remember a frontwheel friction drive from the 70's called "Chicken Power" but back then I was seriously into dirt bikes. Anything with wheels and an engine works for me and motorized bikes will be with me till the end of time as I know it........let's ride!

dnut

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I really always liked the idea of a motorized bike. I have ridden bike all my life and enjoyed doing it. I first started really wanting one about 4 or 5 yrs ago when my friend told me that he and his friend rode around all night on these motorized bikes that looked like choppers made by this little company that had a small section of a wharehouse called Spookytooth bikes lol! They only cost about 250 to 350 then. So I was young and didn't have any money so I couldn't get one. So years go by alwaya wanting one and then i have the money and this little company grew huge by MB standards and the bike wear now 500+. Oh well so i saved a little and found one on craiglist for 275 and i havent looked back. I am gonna build all my bike from here just waiting on my gt lts frame and my starfire motor to start my next build.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
This quote below originally written by BarelyAWake, as far as I'm concerned this sums it all up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyAWake
o_O

Help with an addiction? Heh... perhaps you wish a 12 step program?

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Yea Ok Ok, sos I quoted meself. By BarelyAWake.

Peace Crazy Horse.