The 'Thing' is dead

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
RIP James Arness.
You younger members can go click on another thread. Buzzard, FastEddy, Neat Times, this is for you. This is for us old guys.
Who remembers the terror of "The Thing" and years and years of Matt Dillon in "Gunsmoke".
Another great American icon has checked out.
The Long Branch Saloon, Doc, Kitty and Festus are morning the passing of a great actor and one who had an influence on us who grew up in the 50s and 60s.
God bless you James. Thanks for the hours of entertainment.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=james+...H14&qs=SQ&sk=SQ1&pq=james+arness&sp=2&sc=8-12

Tom

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
What a great actor. There will never be another show as iconic as GunSmoke. One thing I always had in question, Was Matt Dillon sneaking up the back stairs of the Long Branch and visiting Miss Kitty without Festus and Doc knowing about it? RIP James Arness
buzzard

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Yeah,

I sure do remember the thing, I was about 11, the show was at nite, not many in the theater. I pulled my feet up on the seat for safty!! Lol. Then the bus ride home and a long walk down the dirt roads in the woods. That thing was stalking me!! But I managed to out run him and I think he had trouble getting traction in the brown stuff!! Wheeeeew, I`m shaking now!! Ha ha

I remember they threw the axe to get the thing to jump on the toaster!! Lol

Ron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Matt Dillion/James Arness had the bum leg and limp. They had Dennis Weave with a stif leg to draw our eyes off Matt.

When James Arness played the city detective years later, you could see that when he nealed down and got up during the beach scene. Most people never believed me, but it was mentioned today in the online report.

Ron

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
All the good ones are dead and I don't feel so good myself. Just kidding. James Arness was one of the best. We will miss him.