DAX Titan vs Staton Robin

GoldenMotor.com

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
Does anyone own or have ridden the Dax Titan rear mount and the Staton Robin chain drive? How do the two compare to each other? Is the Staton smooth? Does the Robin pull hills?

Total bike and rider weight is about 220 pounds.

Zev0

May 18, 2009
Rio Grand Valley
Have not ridden the staton chain drive but I do have a robin on my gebe. There is a significant size between the 2 I think. The Robin is 33cc and the Titan is around 49cc.

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
I've got the Titan, it is 50cc. It's got plenty of power, it's just not as smooth as I expected it to be. It's my first bike engine, maybe I'm just expecting too much.

Anyone that's ridden the GEBE along with the others, any info on that is welcome too although I'm leaning towards Staton.

Last edited:

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
Update:

Right after I talk to Staton on the phone and tell them I'm interested in one of their ebay auctions they go on ebay and raise the wheel price $8.50 and add $20 shipping when the auction was free shipping like the rest of their auctions. I won't be doing business with them!

Duane at DAX has the best customer service I've ever seen from ANY company. I guess I'll just stick with the Titan since Staton is out of the question. What a lousy way to run a business, Staton not DAX.

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Update:

Right after I talk to Staton on the phone and tell them I'm interested in one of their ebay auctions they go on ebay and raise the wheel price $8.50 and add $20 shipping when the auction was free shipping like the rest of their auctions.
Thats absolutely ridiculous.