Direct Hit pulse plug has any one tried it yet?

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
It was the Outperformance Shop site the link sent me to. Added to cart then hit the ship cost thing to 98632 (wash st) and it said 24.95 shipping, total was 59 something. It seemed like something was wrong to me too.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
junster...i'm your ginnie pig....i use amisol at 80 to 1, and now i have the pulse plug, cb1, and the low end of my 80cc flies...and i got a small expansion chamber muffler for 30 dollars and sense i put that plug in that pipe hummmmsss...35 top end...didnt change any thing there...i'll keep you all posted...Dennis

Attachments

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Can you pm back:

How does the accel plug wire attach to the engine. Is it a little metal ring that a bolt goes through, or slide connector etc? Can this help a Grubee Skyhawk 48? Mine is new, but I will research small upgrades and replacements because I plan to ride it to work at least 100 days a year.

I have tried hotter spark plugs on lawn mowers, that were made for ATV or ski-doos. It worked hella good, but the electrode eroded somewhat quickly compared to common plugs.

To me, $35 seems a bit pricey considering that's about 1/4 of what a complete kit runs now. I added a Bosch plug and a accel plug wire to my bike and I have more than enough power and that upgrade cost me $12.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
Can you pm back:

How does the accel plug wire attach to the engine. Is it a little metal ring that a bolt goes through, or slide connector etc? Can this help a Grubee Skyhawk 48? Mine is new, but I will research small upgrades and replacements because I plan to ride it to work at least 100 days a year.

I have tried hotter spark plugs on lawn mowers, that were made for ATV or ski-doos. It worked hella good, but the electrode eroded somewhat quickly compared to common plugs.
KEEP IT SIMPLE...I tried those plugs...they where great, but it cracked after 3 weeks of riding...used Aimsol...went back to pennsoil 2 stroke after blowing 2 engines...once you get past the addicton...you'll enjoy your bike more...have fun...Dennis.wee.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I will only enjoy it every day that it starts easy and runs to and from work. If I have to pedal an 80lb beach cruiser with a backpack on, I'm going to cry all the way there, and be late.

I'm going for KISS with a Madwagon bike, new wheels, grubee 48cc legal size, and probably battery lights. (have a large supply of 7ah 12v batteries, and I use them in a walmart hiking fanny pack, with a curly cord and homemade lights)

I might try Normans Skull headlight.

I'm going for longevity and reliability. Can you direct me to threads about which oil to run on a Grubee Skyhawk. I planned to use Echo 50:1 since that was the best oil ever in all my commercial weedeaters. NEVER use homelite for anything, its garbage and will plug anything you put it in.

KEEP IT SIMPLE...I tried those plugs...they where great, but it cracked after 3 weeks of riding...used Aimsol...went back to pennsoil 2 stroke after blowing 2 engines...once you get past the addicton...you'll enjoy your bike more...have fun...Dennis.wee.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I will only enjoy it every day that it starts easy and runs to and from work. If I have to pedal an 80lb beach cruiser with a backpack on, I'm going to cry all the way there, and be late.

I'm going for KISS with a Madwagon bike, new wheels, grubee 48cc legal size, and probably battery lights. (have a large supply of 7ah 12v batteries, and I use them in a walmart hiking fanny pack, with a curly cord and homemade lights)

I might try Normans Skull headlight.

I'm going for longevity and reliability. Can you direct me to threads about which oil to run on a Grubee Skyhawk. I planned to use Echo 50:1 since that was the best oil ever in all my commercial weedeaters. NEVER use homelite for anything, its garbage and will plug anything you put it in.
my bike ran its best with saber amsoil...and fastest...opti 2 is the rage now...breakin is important...pennsoil 2 stroke is my choice now...i used it in my cruiser and its still going...if your bike is put togeather sound, with little vibration and you do constant maintenance you'll be fine...my oil cocktail is 1 oz castor oil and 4oz pennsoil 2 stroke...these engines in my opinion are not percision engines...so why treat them like that...just have fun...Dennis...oh and if you blow them up for 60 dollars you have a new engine...I had a bearing pressed on at Pep Boys and it cost me 75 bucks for 15 minutes of work????ha

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I am talking about the "high performance" ATV spark plugs sold at Walmart Auto TLE, with the small electrode and hot temp rating. You can use them in lawn mowers. I'm sure you can find one for a 2st if you check the piston-to-spark plug clearance or cross reference.

The thread is about a product that converts bike motor plugs into some kind of high powered sparkplug, bc. none exist for the size as a standardized high power plug.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I have been using the Direct Hit attachment with good result. From everywhere I read the manufacturer dos not make a plug for small engines as they have not been able to get the capacitor into the porcelain on a small plug? Which had been fine by me cause then I get to use my favorite spark plug.

If you only had the plug for three weeks. I bet you could have gotten it warrantied. My direct hit attachment is on its second plug, no not from fowling just showed electrode where. Never had so called heat range issues either. Yet spark is hot enough to eat up the electrode faster than stock.
let me clarify something...i purchased the direct hit plug not the screw on...i'm sure the screw on is the way to go...like i said mine cracked after 3 weeks of riding but the performance was great...now i'll settle for JUST KEEP IT RUNNING..ha...have fun...bye the way how many miles do you have on the add on...Dennis

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
This thing can hit up to 500 amps? I wouldn't want that to zap me!
Know I am not pocking at you I am not even sure if that statement is true. Early on in this thread I stated and said he said etc. I just want the opinion from some folks that tried one. There I feel better now!