Nitromethane

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You'd better do some reading and research. It's not as easy as just dumping some in your tank. All of the things you mentioned play into running nitro successfully without destroying your engine.

The benefits are small and the expense is a factor.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I think Landspeedrecord has run nitro thru his engine and he might be able to give you some insight on how to set up the carb as well as how much to use... Typically an engine on nitro don't last very long, and the higher the percentage, the shorter the engine life, so unless you have a few spares sitting on the shelf you might want to consider other ways to make power

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
There's a guy near me that likes making weird contraptions that modified a china doll to run on nitro, and it puts out a ton of hp and rpms.

On his work bench.

In a bike, it'd blow up. Can't handle the torque.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
It would be a fun... but short ride... I don't think I'd try more than about 25 to 30% nitro in one of these engines, but that amount would be enough to drastically shorten the engine's life...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you want just a taste you could always blend in a little 15 or 20% nitro model airplane fuel with your regular mix. I tried it a few years ago and could feel a difference but at over $20. a gallon the increase in power wasn't worth the risk of blowing up an engine.

Tom

Rakkassan34

Nov 2, 2012
Kentucky
I love nitro! and just had to try it so I bought a 20% mix bottle at a hobby shop. Knowing it takes a lot more fuel to air ratio I put my Kentucky math to work to determine what size hole to drill out my jet, KY math = smallest drill bit I had. Don't even remember the size. I have a stock China girl 66cc engine. My bike will not take off from a dead stop. On nitro I was at a dead stop and it pulled itself out from under me busting into a vertical wheelie and dang near pulled me down the street. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time I rode it. It pulled like a train and was twice as loud as before. Only lasted about 10 min then died. I put gas jet back in and ran reg gas/oil mix and it runs like it always has. You gotta try the NITRO!