San Diego's 9th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oooo...I might be able to make this ride. Putting the finishing touchs on my bike after fixing the cracked frame and blown motor from the 70 mile San Diego to Carlsbad ride we did.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Aloha Hawaii,
Marked my calendar for Sat, Nov. 12th and plan on being at the start location around 10:15 am. Looking forward to a great (long) ride.

Last edited:

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Great job on the map Hawaii! I just pulled it up (ie, clicked on it from your announcement page) and then hit the "3D" button and was rewarded with a 3D ride! WOW!! That's the first time I've seen the 3D feature.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Yep I see rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Looks like theres not a lot of wiggle room for this one. May want to push one weekend.....

Just sayin

dand

Jan 19, 2011
El Segundo
I will be showing up rain or shine if I can find the start spot. I can't find that "3D" button on the map so im not not very confident right now. Guess i will go early just in case. LOl. I've been wanting to go one one of the rides for awhile but always stuck at work, so im lookin forward to it..shft.

2stroketony

Nov 3, 2011
Lakeside, Ca
Good news is, my bike will be finished on the 11th. Bad news is, that's not going to work for the ride. Not good to do a 70 mile run as a break in process. Will definitely be at the next one.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
I will be showing up rain or shine if I can find the start spot. I can't find that "3D" button on the map so im not not very confident right now. Guess i will go early just in case. LOl. I've been wanting to go one one of the rides for awhile but always stuck at work, so im lookin forward to it..shft.
Regarding the "3D" Did you click on the map reference and get the map?

Go down the left side and look for the quote:

"Bicycling directions to 1st St."

Do you see a "3D" button just to the right of 1st St?

That's it!

Click on it and the magic begins!!!

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
We usually loose about 50% of all China girls on these rides I think the last time we hit about 6 out of 8 that DNF I would hate to speculate how that would turn out in the rain. But who knows maybe it would be better cause guys wouldnt wind them out as much plus "better" cooling?

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Thank you for the props on the map. Finally got it right hahaha. We only had 3 motors go down one because the throttle cable broke. One siezed and another one due to the cheesy plug wire but he fixed it but couldn't find us. If it does rain i will be there to let everyone know if we will ride. I will push it back one weekend if needed.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Good news is, my bike will be finished on the 11th. Bad news is, that's not going to work for the ride. Not good to do a 70 mile run as a break in process. Will definitely be at the next one.
Oh CRAP! Didn't realize this would be another 70 mile ride!!! I'm in the same boat as 2stroketony. New motor with no time to break it in....had a new motor on the last 70 mile Seaworld to Carlsbad ride and I "almost" made it home, witha blown head gasket and a spun clutch bearing...

Oh what the ****...maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and go for it anyway...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Oh CRAP! Didn't realize this would be another 70 mile ride!!! I'm in the same boat as 2stroketony. New motor with no time to break it in....had a new motor on the last 70 mile Seaworld to Carlsbad ride and I "almost" made it home, witha blown head gasket and a spun clutch bearing...

Oh what the ****...maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and go for it anyway...
That's the spirit....would be a great way to break your engine in!

Heck, I broke mine in on the race track at Grange.....engine still has less than 10hrs. on it.

dnut

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
San Diego’s 9th group ride had been postponed to next Saturday, November 19th due to a 90% chance of severe thunderstorms in the San Diego area. We apologize for any inconvience this may have caused. Thank you.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
San Diego’s 9th group ride had been postponed to next Saturday, November 19th due to a 90% chance of severe thunderstorms in the San Diego area. We apologize for any inconvience this may have caused. Thank you.
YAY! Gives me time to work out any bugs on my bike.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Hawaii, I think you should go back to the original headline page for this ride and make a note there that the ride date has changed due to probable rain. Might save a couple of folks some grief come Saturday.

Looking forward to the 70 miler! Gonna start up in Tierrasanta, so I'll get in a 90 miler for the day!