Triumph Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Hey there everyone! Got my kit assembled a couple days ago, but was too excited to have any time to post. Anyways I took my old Triumph Daser bicycle I bought off kijiji for 60$, bought some new slick tires and put a 66/80cc zoombicycles engine kit on there. Unfortunately this build pretty much gave me problems along each step of the way. But once I got it working it was fantastic! Although I was running two master links and after about 2 1/2 hours of riding one of them virtually self destructed and left me stranded (not too far from home) ( and yes the master links are on in the right direction). So this morning I managed to get get one of the links that I had removed back on ( including putting the pin all the way in, as I had taken it off fully) this took me way longer than it should have, but gladly she is running again. The other problem I am having is burning, I have burnt myself 4 times already( my fault) lol. Anyways let me know what you think.

046.jpg picture by dcsnow44 - Photobucket

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
I would appreciate it if a couple members on here would comment on my build and tell me what they think about it, some easy stock mods that can be done for cheap or free. and how to clean up the wiring.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Looks like a good clean build to me. I wouldn't change anything. Doesn't look like the wiring can be changed much more than it already is. Unless you want to add more wire to the existing harness.
Before you get your butt reamed by a senior member i will just mention you should do a search on the mods and read the stickies. There is lots of good info on here already about cheap and easy mods

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Thanks alot, yeah i just kinda taped up all the wiring to the frame. And it runs pretty good, it started the first try, it idles well. although when I first started it up the throttle was stuck on full and the kill switch wasn't set up correctly so after dealing with a runaway bike and getting everything set up correctly it rides fine, top speed is probably somewhere around 40 km/h ( 25mph). I would like to get more speed by adding a smaller sprocket eventually but i dont wanna sacrifice too much hill climbing ability and 40km/h is already pretty fast on a bicycle. And the other problem I had was a scare a couple days ago, where the blue-green cable assembly came apart and was touching the frame which was not allowing my plug to get any spark, after a little while of worrying I got it figured out and working again. The only problem is the government of Alberta had two websites indicating these bikes legality; one stating they were illegal and the other that they were legal, and a couple days after receiving my kit they edited the site saying that they were legal, so now I am riding around "illegal" and worrying about getting caught, but I am going to make sure to ride smart, take the side streets, and kill the engine if I see any coppers!.wee.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The chinese chain that comes with the kit is junk.Replace it with 420 and problem solved. I scrounged up a two-stroke pocket bike pipe that gives me much better response and power. I welded it up myself but you can easily get it welded for 10-20bucks if you don't have access to a welder. I'm probably going to buy a 40 tooth sprocket to take advantage of the improved power.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thanks alot, yeah i just kinda taped up all the wiring to the frame. And it runs pretty good, it started the first try, it idles well. although when I first started it up the throttle was stuck on full and the kill switch wasn't set up correctly so after dealing with a runaway bike and getting everything set up correctly it rides fine, top speed is probably somewhere around 40 km/h ( 25mph). I would like to get more speed by adding a smaller sprocket eventually but i dont wanna sacrifice too much hill climbing ability and 40km/h is already pretty fast on a bicycle. And the other problem I had was a scare a couple days ago, where the blue-green cable assembly came apart and was touching the frame which was not allowing my plug to get any spark, after a little while of worrying I got it figured out and working again. The only problem is the government of Alberta had two websites indicating these bikes legality; one stating they were illegal and the other that they were legal, and a couple days after receiving my kit they edited the site saying that they were legal, so now I am riding around "illegal" and worrying about getting caught, but I am going to make sure to ride smart, take the side streets, and kill the engine if I see any coppers!.wee.
I found a motorcycle lightswitch to replace the stock kill switch. I cut off the stock push connectors and hard wired it with crimped and taped connections for maximum durability and zip-tied all the wires away from the pipe. Easy and cheap and a better switch won't strand you by the side of the trail!

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
yeah it was great. But sadly due to the fact that it was illegal and I bought a car and did not have means to keep both, I was forced to sell it. ...But I made a profit.