Iron Horse GT5R china girl motorized bicycle build.

GoldenMotor.com

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Hi guys! as promised here she is in final mock ups.
I've had the engine running and sorted out the shift kit and drive line, made a ship load of parts for it and driven my loving, understanding, wonderful wife nuts with my late nights out in the garage.
(can I kiss up or what?)
Heres a few pics... I welcome any comments.

Pictures by tjm1959 - Photobucket

FarRider

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: Iron Horse GT5R china girl build.

It's very nice, but going to be kind of heavy isn't it? Although I'm about the last person to complain about expense, copper that size is kind of expensive too?

How do you plan to attach it to the bike.

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Re: Iron Horse GT5R china girl build.

It's very nice, but going to be kind of heavy isn't it? Although I'm about the last person to complain about expense, copper that size is kind of expensive too?

How do you plan to attach it to the bike.
I made a bracket with slots in it for the copper strap out of a flattened out 2" copper pipe fitting, its pretty thick, so sliced it length wise, then I flattened it out with 2 steel plates, a big hammer and my shop vise.
After bending it up, I then drilled 4 holes in it and my rack and its mounted on rubber isolating washers with nylock nuts.
The gas cap is just a garden hose bib connector and cap.
I made a vent out of 1/8" copper thermocouple copper tube by first removing the caps rubber gasket and drilling a 1/8"hole in the side of the cap.
(more on this in a minute).
I then inserted the end of the tube, wound the 1/8" tube around the outside of the cap... fluxed it and heated it up with a torch and soldered it in place.
On the inside of the cap I cut a small section out of the caps rubber gasket to clear the external vent tube, I then added an extra gasket over the old one and it works fine since the fuel line is 1/4" and the vent is 1/8", under operation it cant leak gas because of the vacuum created by the engine pulling fuel.
Your right, all copper is INSANELY expensive these days, I priced the parts at a local plumbing supply and it would have cost me about $90 bucks for the pipe and 2 caps.
My buddy George the plumber donated those scraps from a job he was on, all I had to buy was the hose bib cap and a double male hose connector, fuel valve and the solder, flux and some hardware.
It went together pretty fast, it only took 2 hours to make the main body of the tank with both of us on either side with two torches.
All the fitting drilling and polishing took a week.

Good looking out George! Thanks.

As far as all up weight is concerned, fully gassed (slightly more than 1/2 gallon) with out its light bar or battery I expect it to weigh in at a hefty 65 to 75 pounds.
Add 10 to 12 pounds for the lighting system and we call it 85 pounds, heavy but manageable.
Its not just the tank but the muffler as well, but it is ultra quiet.
I could have made it all of Aluminum, it would have been cheaper and lighter yes, but not as distinctive.
FR