Will a 97 gt lts wrk for a build?

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
i was wondering if a 1997 Gt Lts with th urethane bushing type suspension work for a full suspension build cause i got one and want to use it for a build. also was wondering if there is a way to convert it to use a regular type shock instead.any input. would be great thanks i tryed searxhing but my phone is slow and hard to use the search feature.

.wee.

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
200lb rubber thingy can be replaced. Look on ebay for parts . why wouldn't it work ? can you ride it without a engine? if you can then why not? you dont have to have a shock. If you want to modify the suspension to put a shock in there then I think your barking up the wrong tree.... Go look at the mountain bike forums. There are some that have done it by drilling out the old bushing races and fitting a different shock.

there are not many gt lts owners on here .

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Cool thanks for the input. I am just going to put a motor in it and see what happens. I just really wanted to have a full suspension mb and I picked this up for $90 prob a little high but they are so hard to find. I think it was well worth it. The lts-5 is all cromoly instead of alum and still remains pretty lite. I know it was the lower end model can't wait to start the build just have to save up for the motor kit and shift kit only thing i have so far is an sbp expansion pipe.Here's some pics as promised. I will start a new thread with pics for the build it will be my first full build from start to finish.

Last edited:

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
got the frame 2 days ago and got the motor today gonna start the build tonight and hopefully finish by tomarrow if not will finish it on monday nxt day off. althought i kno i will need a shift kit which is gonna be more expensive then the motor kit and frame put together. is there anyway around the shift kit for now or is it gonna be required. i was thinking maybe a spring loaded tensioner for now just to get riding