well I was arested ysterdat for driving my bicycle with engine kit can any body help

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob2datop

Apr 13, 2011
WA
Re: well I was arested ysterdat for driving my bicycle with engine kit can any body h

does anybody know how i CAN GET OUT OF THIS MESS

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Re: well I was arested ysterdat for driving my bicycle with engine kit can any body h

I don't know your state laws but I think your a$$ is grass and the law is the lawn mower!
My guess is you have to have a license to drive any motor vehicle on streets/highways. Get yourself a lawyer to plead your case that you thought you would be okay with a bicycle. It probably won't work but it is worth a shot.
Good luck I hope you get out of it. This may be harsh but I think its about time to start obeying the laws. Good luck again.

Terry

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey

should have hauled ass lmao !!!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

What state do you live in. That might help
Yea, a few more facts would make this story much more entertaining
for us and maybe helpful for you....
It doesn't sound good so far though.

try reading the posts about WA in the Laws and Legislation FORUM below

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Running always gets you in more trouble. Can't ever out race Motorola radio. But this pict is funny lol. Sorry about your luck. Could prolly use some more facts?

rob2datop

Apr 13, 2011
WA

Yea, a few more facts would make this story much more entertaining
for us and maybe helpful for you....
It doesn't sound good so far though.

try reading the posts about WA in the Laws and Legislation FORUM below
well no warning driving my bike slow down road real slow because I put a 4 foot front end springer hand made on a scwin beach cruiser cop pulled me over. asked what cc. I told him under 50cc He went back to his car back up arrived a cop I know dont like me Oh yea Im right in front of my house there scratching there heads for a bit then the one that dont like smiles at me an says thats a moped mr plank I guess he already instructed the other officer to arrest me all I here is put the cigarette down or ill shove your face in the gound in a loud voice like he had asked me more than once Any ways they arrest me read me my rights put me in back of car search me then release me with court date I said you know you could told me not to ride it any more you know give me a warning. He says it dosent work like that told me I had to walk my bike home . I'm wondering why they did not impound The other thing is like I told them blaine is small town and I now the older cops here been riding by them for days they waved said nice build. Also know mayor for a while now say her next day at court house city hall told her about it asked her what laws where she got back to me within a half hour told me under 50cc its leagle and you do not need a licence. talked to public pretender told what mayor said. He said true 15 year old kid can you do not need a licence but scince you have a suspended you can not. Im a land scapper by trade I wonder if I can still ride the rideing lawn mower

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

Just go to court and talk to the judge.

Suspended license? What for?

Me thinks you have more going on here than driving a motorbike.

Walt1976

Jun 29, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas

I would go to court and defend myself or get a lawyer. A jury is sure to cut you some slack. Just do your homework. The more informed you are the better.

usflg

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin

anything under 50cc i think you dont have to have a license but check your laws like they say .dnut

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

I have heard before that, in certain states, if your license has been suspended, about the only thing you can drive that has a motor is a lawn mower - on your lawn. If Washington is like that, you could be in trouble. I would research the laws as they apply to license suspension and if you are permitted to drive or ride anything at all with a suspended license.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

At least they read you your rights...

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england

You have missed a point. when you heard one say put the cigaret out or ill push your face in the ground, you have them, no just cause, except you should not have been smoking, maybe. but a good lawyer could get that copper suspended for talking to you like that. i did it once in the uk, they don,t like it, pity you did not have a tape recorder, had you have said, i will report you to the chief, for verbal abuse, they would have run away, and prolly said. Well! don,t do it again, to save face, Worth a try, they don,t like it when you hit back. but if you have other issues, then they could still suspend you, but hit back, i would.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado

Sorry to hear about your problem OP. One thing you need to make a point to the judge is that you were riding a motor ASSISTED BICYCLE and not a moped or a scooter. Almost all states dont recognize MABs as motor vehicles as far as the laws concerned, so you were not driving a motor vehicle w/suspended DL. Alot of states give disabled people a right to drive motorized wheel chairs or other devices on the road, this may apply or not check your state laws. All the judge is going to see is the paper work saying you were driving a motor vehicle, you need to stress you were NOT. Check your state laws and you should have an out........good luck and remember your riding a bicycle that you have to pedal to get going etc.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Try reading this thread
http://motorbicycling.com/f17/washington-state-laws-8733-2.html#post97437

WA cops have real stuff to worry about. Plus as long as you are less than "49cc", carry a license, don't make too much noise or smoke, and keep below the speed limit, you are legal.
Pablo forgot to add "don't get into pissing contests with small town cops"
You admit to having a little history and bad blood with the cop. That is a sure recipe for
incidents like you just described.

Maybe you can get them to drop or reduce the charges? Do you have any lawyer friends?
Much better to negotiate your way out of it than go to trial.
good luck.

well no warning driving my bike slow down road real slow because I put a 4 foot front end springer hand made on a scwin beach cruiser cop pulled me over. asked what cc. I told him under 50cc

He went back to his car back up arrived a cop I know dont like me

Oh yea Im right in front of my house there scratching there heads for a bit then the one that dont like smiles at me an says thats a moped mr plank

I guess he already instructed the other officer to arrest me all I here is put the cigarette down or ill shove your face in the gound in a loud voice like he had asked me more than once

Any ways they arrest me read me my rights put me in back of car search me then release me with court date I said you know you could told me not to ride it any more you know give me a warning.

He says it dosent work like that told me I had to walk my bike home . I'm wondering why they did not impound The other thing is like I told them blaine is small town and I now the older cops here been riding by them for days they waved said nice build.

Also know mayor for a while now say her next day at court house city hall told her about it asked her what laws where she got back to me within a half hour told me under 50cc its leagle and you do not need a licence.

talked to public pretender told what mayor said. He said true 15 year old kid can you do not need a licence but scince you have a suspended you can not.
Im a land scapper by trade I wonder if I can still ride the rideing lawn mower

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

When I first moved to the U.S. I lived in Blaine W.A. for a year.
This town has every known law enforcement agency in the U.S. on duty. It has the 2 major border crossings on the West Coast.

D.U.I. and your on a motorized bike and the cops know who you are in a town that size.

Hope you know the police chief and mayor really well. I think you are going to need them.

Hoping it works out for you but unless Blaine has changed it doesn't look good. They are tight law and order there.

Steve.

rob2datop

Apr 13, 2011
WA

ed is that you are you from yukon

Status
Not open for further replies.