DIY suspension help

GoldenMotor.com

matbici

Dec 16, 2010
argentina
Hello, I have an old racing bike, in the future i´m planing putting an electric motor, so I need a shock absorber system, haven´t found a suspension neither for front or rear wheels for this kind of bikes, so I thought of creating it miself, the main problem is that I don´t know where or what to do, never done this before, that´s why I need some help, guiding, ideas, etc. Anything can help.
I would like to keep the original forks if possible. Can I add a suspension to this forks ?

I´ll wait for your answers.

Matias.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hello, I have an old racing bike, in the future i´m planing putting an electric motor, so I need a shock absorber system, haven´t found a suspension neither for front or rear wheels for this kind of bikes, so I thought of creating it miself, the main problem is that I don´t know where or what to do, never done this before, that´s why I need some help, guiding, ideas, etc. Anything can help.
I would like to keep the original forks if possible. Can I add a suspension to this forks ?

I´ll wait for your answers.

Matias.
Welcome to the forum Matias!

I would have too see your forks to answer your last question. Here is a set I'm working on at the moment, this is a mock-up of how it's going to be. Just have to make the upper shock brackets, the pivots and then weld it all up. It will look a lot nicer when it's finished.