file under fix it till its really broke

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I saw that my drive wheel wasn't quite straight so I loosened the drive and moved everything, then attempted to reinforce the connection to the bike. I locked everything down the promptly forgot that I had done anything at all. I mean I didn't even test the bike.

So a day later I took off or a ride. Leaving the driveway the bike didn't do very well, but I decided that it wasn't all that bad. Of course when I got to a place that I had to start uphill, the bike was worse than no motor at all. I managed to get it home and adjust the tension and now it is fine again.

The point is every time I do something cosmetically to the bike, I mess up the running gear. "WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN" strains of Peter Paul and Mary in the background..

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
on my motorcycle , whenever i made adjustment on anything , i always put the tools that i used for the adjustment in the saddle bag . then if something was off , i didn,t have to limp home to re adjust it .

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Most everything on my bikes can be fixed with a 7/16 1/2 9/16 or 15mm wrench I carry those in a cloth glove inside the battery pack. I also have a 7/16 and 9/16 cut in half wrenches on my key ring. I just hate to work on my bike on the side of the road. If it will make it home that is my choice. however I can reattach parts that fall off lol.