Would an engine like this be suitable for an motorized bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
Re: Would an engine like this be suitable for an MB?

It is possible but not practical or legal in most areas. I don't know about the laws in Canada but here in the states it is not legal. You would probably have to reinforce the frame and weld a heavy duty mount because of the power and torque. If setup correctly it would be fast. Too fast for normal bicycle brakes. It has been done successfully before but it takes a fair amount of work. I would look for a smaller 4 stroke engine. Something under 50cc's.
Good luck.

Jim

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa

Not worth the hassle especially for a first timer.
Yes that too!

I don't want to burst your bubble though. The kits we have today all started as ideas. Just don't take any short cuts because the power of that engine will make the bike dangerous. Heavy duty everything should be the rule of thumb on a build like that.

Jim

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock

Brand New!!! 6.5HP Gasoline Engine (EPA APPROVED) - Toronto Tools & Hardware For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

Sorry i don't have any engine experience but I am looking at a 4 stroke engine. What would i need to mount it? Do i need to drill, weld, anything that can't be done with simple tools?

thanks
Aaar Skaliwag, You're first statement was "Sorry I don't have engine experience......". My friend' it's gonna be a big headache all the extra parts and tools you'll need to complete a MB starting just with that motor. I'd encourage you to buy a complete MB kit, and if you run into any snags when building it, just get on the forum and ask any questions you might need. Good luckscratg

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA

Do i need to drill, weld, anything that can't be done with simple tools?

All of the above. The 2.5hp from Harbor Freight would be a better choice. Even then it would require a fair amount of tools and effort. One of the 4 stroke kits would IMO be a good first build. Good luck.

Tom

skaliwag66

Feb 4, 2010
canada

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll get a regular kit.
Thanks all for the replies.:-||

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo

where in canada are you from ontairo laws are reall strickt on moterized bikes