How many times

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have been hacking around on totally home brewed bikes for a long time. So now that I am back to a fairly clean looking tricycle, I have been stopped and asked to build one for other people. Seems to happen every four or five times I take it out. I wonder how often it happens to other bike builders.

I always refuse. It could never pay enough and the liability issues would far exceed any money I made from a neighborhood business.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
my american triped draws alot of looks too but not nearly as much interest as the american speedster 4 wheel plastic car thing we have...people go wild over that very hard to pedal thing.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I always have people asking questions about my 5 speed autoshift bike. When I tell them I have over two grand in the bike they lose interest.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The money thing gets even the simplest looking bike. Guy loved my electric trike. I told him he had to build it himself and it would cost with batteries at least a grand. He also lost interest.

That about as cheap as a cheap moped but they don't see it that way.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup.

A good electric kit with a good lithium battery costs at least a grand for parts alone.

It's worth it - :)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Then neither is a moped scooter. The fix on an electric trike is usually pretty simple and can be done in a few minutes. those moped scooters are a nightmare when they go bad or so I hear i never owned one.