Security guard saying can't use motorized bicycle on private property.

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I live here in Tuscaloosa Alabama and most cops I pass I usually kill the engine and ghost pedal past, none have given me crap yet. So yesterday I was riding through a mini mall type place with apartment in the back, midtown village is what it called. I ride up in there to go to a Gamestop, peddle past one of there guards and down the way turned around to leave with the engine started. The guard waves me down and starts asking if I had a tag for this bicycle with motor. I say it's legit to ride a bicycle in Alabama with a motor if I'm using it like a bicycle and have helmet. He never denied that but I got the hint he didn't want me there with the motor on in the future
Pretty lame I guess.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Re: Security guard saying can't use mb on private property.

I would tell the security guard that he is NOT a law enforcement officer and that he has NO business waving me down to ask me legal type questions. I would then call his boss and make a complaint.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA

For sure. I've dealt with too many a-hole security guards in my skating days. I know most are just trying to do their jobs, but seriously? Most are just bitter, pissed-off life haters. Next time, open the thing up to WOT and blast passed him! He's got no right to pull that crap. It's one thing if you woulda been disrupting traffic flow or something to cause danger to someone. But just cruising through...really?!

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal

I would tell the security guard that he is NOT a law enforcement officer and that he has NO business waving me down to ask me legal type questions. I would then call his boss and make a complaint.
yep, what he said....

I wouldn't have even stopped for a mall cop.... in fact, I would have enjoyed watching one try to chase me down.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

yep, what he said....

I wouldn't have even stopped for a mall cop.... in fact, I would have enjoyed watching one try to chase me down.
Exactly.....
Isn't it nice that Alabama has one if not the most lax MB laws? Love it...just love it. By the way how are you doing in TCL... I know you all took a beating.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Exactly.....
Isn't it nice that Alabama has one if not the most lax MB laws? Love it...just love it. By the way how are you doing in TCL... I know you all took a beating.
Yea no cop harassment just rent a cop. I didn't act a fool because I do goto that place for books movies and games. Maybe next time I might give in the 1 finger salute :)
I'm okay but T town isn't still and won't be for years, as it is at alot if places. They have started bulldozing the condemned houses. My place was within 500yrds.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al

Things are pretty lax here. I've ridden past Birmingham PD, Trussville PD, Irondale PD, Jefferson & Marshall County Sheriffs and the occasional State Trouper without problem. Still, things could change if someone filed a complaint. Under the radar means under the radar because as best as I can determine, we are technically an unlicensed, uninsured motor vehicle under Alabama Code - Title 32.

If anyone feels that's not the case, please educate me.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado

Security guard represents the owners and can tell you not to enter the private property, if you do enter after a warning you can be arrested and bike impounded. So rentacop can spoil your day.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.

Don't want to be wet blankett,cuz most mall fuzz are wash out cop's anyway, but bandito is right . In most states you only need one verbal warning from rentacop before you can be cited for trespass.
However if it continues you got alot of ways to get even ,call the property owner and demand a sign at all entrys stateing vec. Restrictions ,in most city's theres an ord. That requires one. Once they find out the cost of sign's you'll be totaly welcome like it never happened.
But in the long run prob easier to ghost in and out.