Help With dellorto 15.15

GoldenMotor.com

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Hello, So i got a dellorto 15.15 from pirates the other day for my china girl but it does not run right, it wont stop 4 stroking, it tries to break into a smooth 2 stroke going up hill though. This carb does not look like there is much tuning that can be done to it, so im guessing i need to rejet. So my question is, where can I get differant jet sizes for this carb? I have sent like 5 emails to justin at pirates but he does not write back. Any ideas who else sells em? also, I live at about 2300 feet, it comes with a #68 jet, any ideas the size I may need? thanks

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
scratch that, I just saw on a moped forum that some one had the same problem that I had, every one told him to remove the air filter and try it again, I did that and OH MY GOD! it was bogging and 4 stroking and topping out at about 20mph, now that the filter is gone, my speedo is topping out at 38mph and she is running as smooth as can be!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You can do a make shift high-flow filter from like two layers of womens black nylons. Works great and can be stretched over anything.

PatTheThird

Apr 24, 2011
Southern Maryland
i just put one of these on my GT-5 after using the CNS and NT. The difference is mind blowing! there is better power through the whole range of RPMs and my bike topped out at 31mph. BTW i weigh 305 Lbs.