NuVinci hub out of the box!

GoldenMotor.com

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
hello everyone, i got my NuVinvi N360 hub today. im still looking for input on this hub from people that have used it.. and also for people planing on buying a N360, it dose not come with the cog or cable sheathes.:( i knew about the cog, and ordered it before the hub. but over looked the need for sheaths.lol

if anyone knows a good place to get sheathes for this use. a link would be great. and hear are a few pics for just for fun.:) thanx!

hub and all that came with it..

http://motorbicycling.com/members/earl-k-albums-random-picture653-a.jpg
this cog did not come with the hub..

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Congratulations on your purchase.
You want compressionless shift housing .
Sheldon Brown on cables.
Brake cable housing will change length, affecting your shifting.

I purchased the old model from Staton for a substantial discount.
I have not got mine laced up yet

Did you get a warranty for motorized bicycle use?

I have the last years model. There is No warranty for mine when used with a motor.
According to the Staton site there is NO warranty for motorized bicycle use.
Only foot powered gets a warranty (Three years).

I have found that no one wants to lace them up locally???

The wheelmaster or johnrobholmes seem to be the easiest way for me to get mine laced.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Congratulations on your purchase.
You want compressionless shift housing .
Sheldon Brown on cables.
Brake cable housing will change length, affecting your shifting.

I purchased the old model from Staton for a substantial discount.
I have not got mine laced up yet

Did you get a warranty for motorized bicycle use?

I have the last years model. There is No warranty for mine when used with a motor.
According to the Staton site there is NO warranty for motorized bicycle use.
Only foot powered gets a warranty (Three years).

I have found that no one wants to lace them up locally???

The wheelmaster or johnrobholmes seem to be the easiest way for me to get mine laced.
thanx! and thank you for the cable tip housing tip. also, no warranty.
why wont anyone lace it for you? i have not tried to have it done yet for mine. i would not mind doing it myself. but i cant get my rims ERD to get the right spokes..

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Am I a deviant if I think that hub is almost sexy? :p

Some links you may find of interest if you've not seen them already;

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/shift-kit-nuvinci-grin-2912.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f48/inside-nuvinci-hub-21827.html ...bear in mind this was with a Morini, thus a unprecedented amount of power, unless yer stuffin' almost 10hp through it - you shouldn't have any problems. I jus' thought it a good thread w/great pics *shrug*
lol.. not at all. this hub is sexy! and iv seen both your links but thanx so much for takeing the time to post them up. also, im glad to hear you think it will hold up fine. thats all iv been thinking the past few day is. will my $300 hub going to hold up with my motor. thank you.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I was a customer of Staton Bicycles.
I bought from him in the past.
He actually surprised me TWICE
I May be a reluctant customer in the future, When **** freezes over.
You WILL need one of these .
NuVinci CVP V style Torsion Bar Set with straps 1/8" x 6"

It will take a Blacksmith to install them.
No kidding.
Do not use the hub without them.
There is way too much force involved.
You will need them.
Your drop-outs will last about one second without them.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
I was a customer of Staton Bicycles.
I bought from him in the past.
He actually surprised me TWICE
I May be a reluctant customer in the future, When **** freezes over.
You WILL need one of these .
NuVinci CVP V style Torsion Bar Set with straps 1/8" x 6"

It will take a Blacksmith to install them.
No kidding.
Do not use the hub without them.
There is way too much force involved.
You will need them.
Your drop-outs will last about one second without them.
we will see i guess. i have a 2009 se stout and im betting it will hold up. this bike is built to take a beating. and i dont know a blacksmith. but thanx for the idea.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
I guess u guys didnt get the cadilac fleetwood mens cruiser with nuvici hub for 208.48 ;] i'm curiuos as to how to motorize without losing disc brake go AMAZON
what NuVinci hub is it? i have the third gen. the n360 with the interface that mounts inside the dropouts. and as far i know is the newest nuvinci hub. and dont think its the one you got. just because the price. i got mine what i thought was cheep. and it was $290 somthing with free shipping.(brand new) was it used or what?

btw.. add a shift kit. and you will not have a chain running to you back wheel on that side. so you can use your disc breaks in the back. i got the hub with the disk break mount. because i got a shift kit and plan on getting rear dick breaks soon.

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I guess u guys didnt get the cadilac fleetwood mens cruiser with nuvici hub for 208.48 ;] i'm curiuos as to how to motorize without losing disc brake go AMAZON

The newest nuvinci hubs are made in Kentucky.
They seem to work well.

The older stock pre 2008 manufacture were made in CHINA by typical SLAVE labor with haphazard results just like a china girl engine LOL.

Quess which one is going to be installed on a chineese made bike and sold for the same price you can buy a hub alone .

http://nuvinci.informe.com/forum/bi...nci-how-can-it-be-so-cheap-t371.htmlr.ly.r.ly.

The nuvinci forum does not even know for sure where they are made. Or when they were made.

They were originally sold for $400.00 and considered dirt cheap. Now sold for $2 hundred something . GOOD LUCK

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
looks like you would need to get custom length spokes to lace that up
yah. the ones that where on my wheel will not work. im going to take my hub and rim to a bike shop this week and see what they can do for me.. they do wheel building, but i dont know if they will have the right spokes on hand for a hub like this????? we will see, and ill keep this thread updated as i go.

http://motorbicycling.com/members/earl-k/

http://motorbicycling.com/members/earl-k-albums.html

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
so iv got my hub on my wheel, and got to test it out for a bit before my expansion chamber fell off.lol so far i can say anything bad about the Nuvinci N-360. it is easy to install and has vary helpful tech support vids on youtube. i fallowed them as well as i could and it all works great..

NOTE- if you hock it all up and test the shifter while the bike is still, you wont be able to shift all the way. i thought i did something wrong till i test road it. the sprocket must be turning to get full range.

iv never owned the older models of Nuvinci hubs, but dident like the idea of the interface being mounted in the outside of the dropouts.. the N-360 interface mounts inside the dropouts, and i like this as much as the fact that its lighter. this also means the N-360 shifting is not adjusted through the axle. another thing i seen wrong with the old ones..

ill be starting a new thread on the N-360 one i can get some miles on it. and can really get the feel for what it can do. any input from any Nuvinci hub users would be great, and welcome.