Venice Boardie!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm putting these pics in this section too!!
It's my first attempt at a boardie. It's a 1955 Schwinn Panther. (It was the Voodoo chopper on my website, but I had to change it.)
The bike is still in the building stage, & there's still lots of work I have to do on it, (like weld the pipe, weld a custom seat post & lace up a front disc brake... ) but I think it will be ready in time for the March 7th beach ride!! (^)

Big props to Sportscarpat for the tank!! (Your tanks are awesome bro!!)

Reactions: Hud

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
It's my first attempt at a boardie. It's a 1955 Schwinn Panther. (It was the Voodoo chopper on my website, but I had to change it.)
The bike is still in the building stage, & there's still lots of work I have to do on it, (like weld the pipe, weld a custom seat post & lace up a front disc brake... ) but I think it will be ready in time for the March 7th beach ride!! (^)

Not too Shabby, with a cool front end springer! Your not gonna become one of those Board tracker Loyalists are you? hahahaha.boogy1a

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool. A righteous boardie without frame mods. What is hanging from the fuel tank? Looks like an 8 ball.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Hey VB, is it someone you know out in SoCal that makes those tanks? I might have to have one of those if they are available? I love the looks of the in frame tanks.

John

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Very nice! Are you keeping those bars or are you putting period style racing bars on there. To me that is a very important style feature.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice build Norm! And your first boardie, too. Those forks are looking pretty sweet. I need a set of those. I bet you'll put a lot of miles on that bad boy. Keep us posted with more photos as you finish it up.
Enjoy the build,
Pat

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I went out today & put on a new smaller pedaling sprocket so I could lower the engine & then cut & weld the exaust... I also welded the new seat post.
After all that I took it for a short spin... It runs great with the new pipe!!! (^)
I'll post pics tomorrow!

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE

Big props to Sportscarpat for the tank!! (Your tanks are awesome bro!!)

nicely done !!!!!!! great work!!!!!