Raven KTM50 Stingray Cafe Racer Bobber FOR SALE

GoldenMotor.com

Jonathan1981

Aug 1, 2013
Gatineau
Looks like a fun bike, not exactly my style but it looks like a super fun little bike. Your price is ridiculously low which is good for the buyer. The motor alone with exhaust, carb, throttle etc. would get a few hundred on ebay easily. Anyway, good luck with the sale!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Thanks for the encouragement anyways, lol. The motor needs a ring right now so I took the bike down from sale. I'm going to fix it so it runs for the next person because a non runner is poo to start with. The cylinder is cast iron and looks good inside, but I think the ring is letting compression past.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Whatever the engine needs when I inspect it, is what it will get.

I'm considering keeping my bike, because in a whole this trying to sell my bike thing has pissed me off, here's a lovely example:

Whats up guys I have a ktmc motor from Dax I am trying to sell. Where is the best place to post? Thanks
Not in my thread, I'd appreciate it.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Well as you probably may have seen in my thread in the chopper section:

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=534152#post534152

I rebuilt the top end of the engine, rebuilt and rejetted the carb, and got a better spark plug for it and now it starts and runs rippa again!

So I'm putting it back up for sale in fully sorted and turnkey condition for a new owner to enjoy, since I've got four motorbikes and realistically need to pare it down to one or two since I don't have any room in my apartment for these things, and I can't even think about building anything else new until I recoup some funds.

I'm asking $1250 OBO, I can ship it if you pay the shipping costs, with the wheels and bars off, but realize it won't be cheap since it weighs over 100lbs.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Thanks dude, I keep reposting it up on Craiglist, gotten a lot of interesting rotfl offers and unfiltered phishing and spams, but nobody serious yet, oh well. It's been like summertime here in Marin this winter, so I've had a good time riding the bike every once in a while to keep it from gumming up. I wanna keep building different stuff though, but I'm up to my ears in motos right now...

MopedLover

Feb 20, 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
Yep, still have her and no time to ride lately because I've been workin' my arse off. lol
So I'm wondering how big this is? I'm kind of tall, and I've ridden on 49cc mini-crotch rockets before, and it feels kind of weird and it had visibility issues with people on cars.

I know stingrays are smaller sized frame bikes, but looks like you put on motorcycle wheels that are bigger than default bicycle wheels.

Like when you sit on a saddle, is it almost as tall as a smaller cruiser/MTB? or is it about the size of those pocket crotch rockets?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
The seat is 30" off the floor, and the stance works for me and I'm 6 ft tall. There's really nothing mini about this bike, it's about the size of a moped but longer because of the rake.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Thanks Buba, I took a ride today and I wonder sometimes if I should sell, but I like to build too, and have some ideas I'd like to be able to afford to try.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I honed out the cylinder to a fresh crosshatch and put in a new Namura piston kit, swapped plugs, tuned the carb, put stylish new mirrors on, and new metal pedal chain idler sprockets. It's still up for sale, M2 and cash for a test drive. $1250 OBO, the best best selling price will go to a motivated buyer because I'd like a quick sale. I don't want to have time to agonize over keeping the bike, I really love it but I have too many bikes and not enough room or money.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I hope you get a sale on this bike, I just wanted to drop into here and tell you that this machine basically inspired me to get into this with an OCC.

anyone who buys this bike at this price will be happy as a clam at high tide!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Thanks GoreWound, hopefully I can find a good home for her. I'm willing to consider all reasonable offers for the bike, so all parties interested feel free to contact me.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've decided that I would like to build something new, so I'm putting some bikes up for sale, this being one of them. It's a tough choice, and I'm probably going to put a mini bike engine in it eventually if another bike sells. I have some new ideas I'd like to try in some builds and I have many motorbikes, so reasonable offers will be welcome. If you're wondering how much it would cost to ship, either a pallet or bike box with the 120 lb bike from San Leandro, CA will help with a rough shipping quote.