Will this bike fall apart?

GoldenMotor.com

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Hey guys pretty much finished my first build and I am ready to get into 4-strokes. I think I am going to go one of two ways. Either 99cc predator, or 49cc Honda clone. I weight about one 135 and am only 5'10". I do want this bike to be a cruiser and would like that it be a steal frame. I have an 80s huffy good vibration but I am not sure that the good vibration will hold up to all of the real good 4 stroke vibrations? ;)

The main thing that I am concerned with is the rear drop outs. They look kinda crappy. Do you think that this frame will hold up too the 99cc engine and if not will it even hold up to the 49cc?

By the way I cant weld so replacing the drop outs is out of the question. Really looking forward to learning but it will be around a year until I can sign up for a class unless I can find a local that would be willing to teach me. :)

The main use of the bike will be to transport me too and from school and work.
probable just 4 mile trips two - four times a day.

The bike will be ridden pretty gently and will be cruising at around 30 mph.

I know that this post is kinda half engine half Pre-Motorized bicycle info so thanks for putting up with me.

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sure! It 'could' use superior dropouts, but you will most likely get decent service out of the bike before needing repairs... I might use some large flat washers to spread out the bearing surface of the axle nuts...
Run a large, fat tire, to help deal with road shock, and keep an eye on things and watch for evidence of cracking at all frame joints.
No biggie that you're not a welder... just make friends with one, in your travels!
Best
rc

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Thanks rustsycase. My dad is in love with this bike so I might fix it up (non motorized) and give it to him for his birthday or something. If not I think I will save up and put a honda clone kit in it.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Giving your dad a present is awesome, things like that ya just can't pay for!! As far as putting a 4 stroke on it ...I would in a nano-second, the 4 strokes have much less vibration than the 2 strokes, at your weight a 49 honda or HS will work great, I weigh almost twice what you do, my 49 with the EZM Q-matic is care free, I also have a HF99 with a Q-matic, allot more power for the hills etc. I would start with the 49, they are real dependable, the jury is still out on the HF99 for dependability.

Mac

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Haha thanks mac. Yea being little has a few perks. 36 tooth sprocket AND hill climbing anyone? :D I think I will put a HS in it once I have a little more money. Then my dad can cruise around with me on it and I will have myself something that I can fill up at a gas station. Being so easy will feel wrong ;)