Clutch Pucks

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Does Dean Do square clutch pucks?
I checked with Easy Rider a couple months ago and he said Dean was only doing rounds.

AFAIK, no one is selling upgraded trapezoidal clutch pucks right now. I have been looking for a set too.

I think fx-2 used the sheet of high friction material from McMaster-Carr to make his. The 7.5" x 7.5" x 0.25" sheets are $32, and I am sure you could get multiple sets of pads out of 1 sheet. The problem is cutting them out. Most of us just do not have the tools available to do it right :(

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you for the info, maurtis.
I can make the pucks out of the material, but I only have crude tools in which to do so.
I am not really motivated enough to fuss with all of that. :/

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Thank you for the info, maurtis.
I can make the pucks out of the material, but I only have crude tools in which to do so.
I am not really motivated enough to fuss with all of that. :/
LMAO, I am in the same boat. My clutch slips on hot startup just often enough to bug me, but not enough to make me want to grind out clutch pucks with a hacksaw. Yet.

I tightened the internal clutch spring about as much as I can and still be able to pull the clutch lever in, once I get my Al.Fisherman clutch roller in, maybe I can tighten it a little more. My clutch it tight enough now to not be an issue with the stock head or the Puch head with 2 gaskets, but going down to 1 head gasket increased the compression enough to make the stock clutch unhappy, lol.

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
With our clutch pads there is still slippage on start up ,Turkman had to use 2 head gaskets to get it to start . We are looking for a stronger clutch spring now . The only nice thing about these pads are you can slip the clutch to start with out peddling . They can be made with a saber saw and belt sander , you can make about 7 set out of 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 block . Dan

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Perhaps an automotive valve spring could be used as a stronger clutch spring?
I know that high performance valve springs for use with high lift cams are very strong.

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
That what we are in the middle of doing . Checking clutch spring pressure at the installed height , then going 25 % more . Just need to find some one with a valve spring tester . Dan

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
With our clutch pads there is still slippage on start up ,Turkman had to use 2 head gaskets to get it to start . We are looking for a stronger clutch spring now . The only nice thing about these pads are you can slip the clutch to start with out peddling . They can be made with a saber saw and belt sander , you can make about 7 set out of 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 block . Dan

Who is our?