Some pixs of My Ride

GoldenMotor.com

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
Thanks.. its just called a bananna pipe. It works ok.. sounds way better and gives a slight power increase when used with an SHA clone carb. Heck for $30 i just got it

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
Thanks! No I dont really get up to S.B. being that this bikes the only transportation I have at the moment. But if i ever do make it up there we will have to set up a ride. Its a beautiful area up there in s.b.

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
I must say when compared to a stock bike with no suspension, the ride is way smoother and enjoyable. Im going to replace the cheap springer with a mountain bike fork with 4-5in of travel for reliability reasons. The springer looks cool and works ok but is built really cheap, My preference would be the monarch fork but they are pricey and im unsure of how well they operate.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
egjsc- Welcome to the forum.
Nice bike!
How many miles have you ridden it so far? Any major problems putting it together?

A couple of things...

Did you remove the petcock from your gas tank and throw away the kit provided fuel filter? If not, I recommend that you do so. At the same time, you should flush all the Chinese gunk out of your tank and install an automotive type, clear in-line filter. An in-line lawnmower type fuel shut off is cheap, and recommended as well. You'll need a barb fitting to go into your tank if you do this.

Here's an example for both of my suggestions; http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=57089

You can easily remove that kit provided chain tensioner and replace it with- nothing! They are not needed, and it's one more thing that can break. Simply remove it and throw it away. Resize your drive chain, use a half link if you need to, and you won't have to worry about that thing rotating over into your spokes at 15mph!

Good luck!

Trey

Last edited:

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
Ya I was always sketched on the tensioner for that reason, i just make sure to run the bolts very tight and use red locktight on them. I did replace the cheap fueline with a rubber goodyear line and installed worm clamps on all the hose connections. I did rinse out tank when i first installed it. Running stock petcock and filter, but was planning on my next order of parts to upgrade them. I have just over 400mi on the bike and after 3 tanks of regular premix for break in purposes i switched over to full synthetic k2 premix at 35:1. Ran that stuff for years in my high performance goped engines any my kx250 @50:1 with always really good results with the internals when tearing down engine. Also running a ngk #7 heat range plug moving to an #8-#9 because its showing signs of too much heat after long rides. Also fattened up mixture by 2 sizes lastnight im going to see how it works today with the main jet size change. Thoes sha clones really like to warm up before they run best!

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
As far as major problems with install, really non. Seems like the cranbrook frame specs wher ment for the engine kit. But sofar had magneto go out(from a desodered ground wire on unit), had to replace toped due to forign objects(aka metal shavings) causing ring failure and cylinder/piston scarring, coaster brake arm stripped where arm meets cone nut while riding i believe due to not servicing/greasing my rear hub and a few flats, which now i run slime front/rear. But through all these issues i was able to locate and replace weak points with stronger upgraded parts making the bike pretty darn reliable with proper maintenance and attention to the areas that require it.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Yes sir. About typical set of issues. But the top end... dang.
How's that slime in the tires feel? I've heard here that you can feel it rotating as you ride.
I prefer some thorn proof tubes and a thick (cut inner tube) liner, but I don't always do it.
400 miles is a bit. When it comes time to service the bearings on that thing, everyone has an opinion, but I use marine bearing grease. It's cheap, and works great.
Sounds like you have a pretty good grip on it. Ride safe, stop well.

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
I love the slime and wont ride without them. I started using them back in my early teen years when I was getting involved in alot of downhill and free riding. If I was going to ride a 20mile trail to get to the "spot" that had perfect lips on all the hits and your with all your friends the last thing id want was a flat. Ive tried kevlar tires, super thick innertubes etcetc but always got flats. Because the slime is a liquid its not staying in one spot, im pretty sure the centrifugal force created by the tire rotation evenly(or almost) distributes it throughout the tube. Just my opinion. I know pro riders that ride the baja 1000 with slime in their tubes. If youve ever ridden in baja you know just how hard it is on anytype of vehicle .... lol sry got alil carried away there,but ya I highly recommended using it maybe play around with trying different combos of tubes/tires/add your own amout of slime to see what feels best to you and what your circumstances warrent. Happy riding be safe

egjsc

Jun 8, 2015
Oxnard,CA
It'll hit 40 in perfect conditions 35 is my normal avg top I usually cruise 28-30 all day and max temp won't rise above 250f. I did put a rse high comp head on it since taking pics and leaned out the carb and added a boost bottle I made which really cleaned up the upper rpm range and improved the throttle response. Also re wired the magneto with new 16g wire from coil to cdi box which really helped the entire rpm range I was pretty amazed at that and I also shortened my plug wire to about half of what it was.