HELP! Just built a bike and now its running hella slow after 3 days!

GoldenMotor.com

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
Purchased Skyhawk GT5 and installed sat everything was fine for the 1st 3 days then the 3rd day my power and speed took a huge drop.
now the only way i can get any speed at all is by turning off the gas valve then i speeds for a min and dies out. Have to keep repeating to get to my destination without pedaling. Please help i dont know what the problem is. :-||

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
most fuel filters are inline between the tank and the carb. There is a screen filter in the bottom of the tank which would mean just drain the tank & rinse it out with straight gas to unclog it. What oil mix ratio are you using? Don't mix the gas & oil in the tank else it will settle to the bottom of the tank if not well mixed. There is a small screw on the bowl of the carb you can open to drain I'd see how well it drains into a container if it goes slow there's a constriction somewhere.

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
ok thanks
last night i tried to drain the gas and it was kinda slow
sounded like a tinkle with no pressure lol

did you say the float in my carb might be stuck also?

it seems to me that when i cut the gas flow (from the tank valve) it runs good until the gas in the carb is burned off

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Might have an issue with the tank lid not being vented open the tank & see if it flows better. A small pinhole would fix it watch out don't make no sparks near the tank!

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
Fyi i rode my bike to the train station this morning took a train hella far then rode again to work off in an hour and must try to fix before i leave the parking lot it is 2 miles to the train station from here!

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
I know right!
BART
I have been asked twice in 2.5 years by employees the 1st was a cousin of mine who should have known but i said it was electric and that was that now she see's me everyday but yesterday someone asked when i got on the train and i just said electric and that was just astethics and that was the end of it! Lucky me! ( if i can get running )

ken murphy

Sep 19, 2008
do you think i may be getting too much fuel or not enough air?
Ok yesterday I took off the squaty cone like(kn) look'n filter off my bike to clean it.
then I put one of those sponge filter's on,the bike would not run flat out until I put that filter that comes with the grubee motor, these motor's are alot more sensative than I thought,and those carbs are the best,If you can get'em to stay on

Attachments

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
i had the same exact problem, the hit in power is called 4 stroking, the way i fixed it was to find the sweet spot on the gas valve between on and off to where just enough gas is flowing into the carb, quick and easy fix

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
i had the same exact problem, the hit in power is called 4 stroking, the way i fixed it was to find the sweet spot on the gas valve between on and off to where just enough gas is flowing into the carb, quick and easy fix
isnt there a clip somewhere that can take care of that? i like to turn off my gas when storing parked at work or on the train :-||

colonelkrs

Jan 10, 2013
Oakland CA
i am going to try what ever i can before i leave work because i have to make it home
i got 2 cresent wrenches and a flat head
GO MACGUYVER!