Have spark, Have fuel???? WONT START

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 23, 2014
Tempe
My bike ran. Then i changed the head, and the cdi to a lightning, and the exhaust to a chamber one. It is getting spark and fuel, what could be the problem..... Anybody please?:-||

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you made all of the modifications at the same time it will be hard to pin point where the problem might be. This is why we always suggest doing one thing at a time. That way if something goes wrong you'll know where to start looking.

My first thought is to start over with all stock components and make the changes, one at a time.
If the engine runs stock you're way ahead of the game.

Otherwise start with the basics: Fuel, Air and Ignition. Some will say compression too. I can't argue with that.
I'd start with using the factory CDI. They perform just fine and they're simple and usually trouble free.
As long as the head and head gasket aren't leaking they probably aren't the culprit.
The pipe will require some carburetor tuning to get the most from it but it shouldn't keep the engine from running.

Good luck. Let us know how you're doing and/or what you find.

Tom

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South
Did you check the bolt on the chain clutch shaft? When this loosens, the clutch won't engage, and it freewheels with clutch let out. Stick a rag in the clutch side and tighten it up!!

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
Put some body weight on your bike and then drag it forward with the clutch engaged. Is it easy or hard to roll? Do you hear the piston moving? This will check for compression and whether the clutch is adjusted right.

Also, how sure are you that its getting fuel? Sometimes the gas line can get clogged at the tank or the fuel filter.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The OP has never responded since he posted this in September. It would be good to hear back from people that post questions and get replies. That way we know if we're helping or not.

Tom