DAX super titan

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
OK Dax convince me why I should fork over more money for this engine rather than a regular titan. Whats different? Your getting into honda gx50 territory on the price of this motor if shopping around. Im all ears.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Bore, stroke, and compression have all been altered. That is what the Factory is telling me. I have not had one apart yet to see what all is different. I hope I never have to take one apart. But.. I can tell you this.. It makes more power for sure.. Also.. The Honda GXH50 does not come with clutch pack. A clutch pack Alone for the GXH is over 100 bucks. So..When you consider the TITAN S comes with Clutch pack for the money, there is still no comparison. Enjoy the ride..

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I noticed the size difference in cc after looking at your site again. Your right on the honda clutch issue. I need to test this puppy out, any test rides? If it is 1/2 horse more ponies than Im sold for my next build........funny thing with my current titan is that it runs better now than back in dec and even has more power. Its almost like day and night the difference being and I couldnt be more satisfied with it.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi Bandito.. Yes.. It can take a while to break in a Titan. 300-500 miles on Valvoline 10w-30 conventional motor oil. Titan makes amazing power out of the box new... But.. If you take care during break in, it will reward you with Gobs more of power and super long Life.. Enjoy the ride...

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Just got my Super Titan the other day to replace the regular Titan I've had for four years. They are great engines, my regular Titan took a lot of punishment from me, I'm a large Welshman and it has always pulled hard even when I stuck it on a large stretch cruiser frame. It only failed when the throttle got stuck and it stayed over redline till the connecting rod broke, but that was my fault, not the engine's. I have to say I can really feel the difference in the Super over the regular Titan already and I've only ran it about an hour. Not only does it pull harder, but the exhaust note is a mean growl compared to the chirpier regular Titan. I exchanged the carbs though, because the Super's carb had a plug where the idle jet adjustment is supposed to be. I also had already increased the size of the older carb's main jet to compensate for my high flow air filter and custom exhaust. The Dax team take care of their customers too! The only thing I had happen to the older Titan was the pull start broke, again my own fault for being too rough. Dax sent me a replacement lickity split and I was back on the road!