My 1st Motor Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
Here is my 1st build. A Dax 47cc China. I kept having problems with the 415 chain and tensioner. I got some #41 and some master links and she runs like a dream. I do have to break her in and find out why she dogs a little, but I feel I just need to adjust the carb. But anyway here it is for your viewing pleasure. Not the prettiest but functional. I plan to put on a rear rack for gear, then in the next week hopefully drive her to work.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nicely done. Remember to tether the lower end of your muffler to the frame with a metal strap to prevent exhaust header cracks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice. Clean, simple and will give you hours of enjoyment. Thanks for sharing with us. Ride careful and have fun. Did you get that fuel flow issue worked out?
Tom

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
The base bike is a Shimano Full Force mountain bike I bought when I was 15 (almost 15 years ago) from K-Mart. I did fix my fuel flow problem, I had some metal shavings in the carb inlet cleaned it out and gas is going good now.

Any hints on how I can either bend or somehow adjust the motor to make my peddles miss the muffler? right now it is slapping the muffler, i just don't want to have to move the engine any in the frame, but I am afraid I will have to.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i had the same problem and i switch my peddal and long 8" crank arms for some 5" shorty crank arms and peddals,now no more rubbing on the muffler,but its not no fun if you have to peddal with the shorter cranks.

but if you have a torch you can take off the muff and heat and bend the muff pipe a little.

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
i've been thinking about bending...i also am gonna strap the thing to the frame, it will help w/ the vibrations. I think I've got her broken in quite well. i've noticed a big increase of power this last time I ran it.