Mad Scientist Lab test - Boost Bottle

GoldenMotor.com

drummer_thing

Mar 1, 2008
Would it be possible to mount a large diameter tube of some sort, or just the boost chamber near vertical off of the intake manifold? In theory this would stop the condensed fuel from building up, and the issue of hose length. Also I am looking at purchasing a 48cc bike from the people at Spooky Tooth and was wondering if it is better to break in the bike before I change the air box to a K&N style filter, and or add a boost chamber? I'm thinking of getting the prefabed intake and designing a boost take of my own.

I'm new to the site and it is a freaking awesome site. I have found more info here today than I have in the last month of doing research. Keep it up.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
glad to have you with us drummer. we do have some awesome people. i am by know means an expert and lots of others here with more knowledge then me but from personal experience if this is your first motor bicycle i would get it together stock and run it a little before making any changes. reason i say this is their is lots of little bugs to work out on them. nothing major usually. just things like chain tension, possible carburetor leaking all things that can be fixed pretty fast. i think first having it run good then do modifications so you can really see the results of your modifications. as far as boost bottle being mounted vertical if you have room you bet. i have seen them mounted on the seat post. the little pit of tube used to go from the manifold to the bottle i really don't think makes that much difference. i know on my bike their is not room to mount it vertical.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Drummer
PM me your address I'll send you one of mine free if you want to try a bottle.
I almost forgot to say welcome you will have a good time we are layed back and very easy to get along with.
Norman

drummer_thing

Mar 1, 2008
Drummer
PM me your address I'll send you one of mine free if you want to try a bottle.
I almost forgot to say welcome you will have a good time we are layed back and very easy to get along with.
Norman
I appreciate that Norm, but I have yet to acquire a bike yet. If I get one here in the near future I will hit you up on that offer.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
OK I got 2 of them just let me know. They are home made out of steel. So they will not melt. unless the whole bike is on fire and then they should just get red hot.
Norman

drummer_thing

Mar 1, 2008
Good to know. Speaking of melting, when I get my bike I was going to try to build and tune one out of PVC or something. Anything that was small and compact but the right size that would just sit vertical on the intake.

hazza59

Jul 29, 2008
Would it be possible to mount a large diameter tube of some sort, or just the boost chamber near vertical off of the intake manifold? In theory this would stop the condensed fuel from building up, and the issue of hose length. Also I am looking at purchasing a 48cc bike from the people at Spooky Tooth and was wondering if it is better to break in the bike before I change the air box to a K&N style filter, and or add a boost chamber? I'm thinking of getting the prefabed intake and designing a boost take of my own.

I'm new to the site and it is a freaking awesome site. I have found more info here today than I have in the last month of doing research. Keep it up.
Hello all ,Im new to this site have just purchased a 70cc and are about to start a fun project, own a 2006 lowrider but think I am havin more fun with this, great site good info, Im from down under in New Zealand and its winter here so not alot of riding ,good time to start a new project, thanks Hazza

hazza59

Jul 29, 2008
Hello all ,Im new to this site have just purchased a 70cc and are about to start a fun project, own a 2006 lowrider but think I am havin more fun with this, great site good info, Im from down under in New Zealand and its winter here so not alot of riding ,good time to start a new project, thanks Hazza

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Stay warn there summer on its way. I wish I could live where it doesn't get cold and snow as I hate cold snowy weather used to love it but all the out door things I did have me crippled up so I don't bend and wad up in a ball as good as I used to when crashing and burningrotfl

But it was fun at the time.

Poo on boost bottles

hazza59

Jul 29, 2008
Hi Norm, its nearly 4 am here and I think Ive got a bit carried away with this site tonite so I might have to call it a nightand get some shut eye , I wish I had found this site a day ago before I ordered boost bottles and nos kit as I dont think they are such a good idea anymore, but I will give the boost bottle ago as see what happens, any info on the nos kit and things I need to do on the motor before I get her running, thanks Hazza

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
The best thing you can do before you put a nos kit on is buy another engine and have it ready so when you blow that one up.:D All jesting aside though, these little engines just won't last long when you go to shooting the nitrous to them. They weren't designed to take those kinds of forces. But that is just my opinion. Others may vary.......................................

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I don't know anything about using nitrous but my boost bottle testing made me think that they are not worth the effort. A tuned exhaust and porting will wake it up.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I never tested the bottle for an increase in mpg I kind of doubt that it would work any magic except for the people selling them. Makes their billfold fatter and those who buy the bottle their billfold will get thinner. Heck if you buy a bottle of beer at least you get to write your name in the snow and feel good for a while.rotfl
Norman

mc1320

May 13, 2009
o'fallon mo.
I've used nos on cars for over 25 years and I would say start small I mean smallest jet u have.I would try dry system first(wet u will need fuel pump and no junk small change in fuel pressure is very bad if u do run wet system you'll need to flow test it and on and on.Dry system very small would be best bet for first timer.Get a pressure gauge for your bottle and start at 700psi with smallest jet,do short burst check plug.Small baby steps.If u have nos ? just ask.I don't have it on my bike yet still learning about these slant eye girls and what they like

mc1320

May 13, 2009
o'fallon mo.
One more thing with nos fat is not good(most people run fat then get mad when it pops)when running fat on nos xtra fuel gets in ring land & will damage top of the piston when fuel ing.