Speak of Tavern...Your favortie beer?

GoldenMotor.com

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I am new here so hello all. Let me start off by saying, so far I've been enjoying reading the threads and the great post. However, I have yet to see one talking about beer. I looked so if I missed it, please feel free to delete this admin. I am a beer gourmand. I get paid to review beers. Cool job right? I would post a link to my blog and site but I don't want to be accused of spamming so I will hold off for now unless someone asks me. Anyway, I am posting this for fun. I have a soft spot for IPAs. While I don't have a particular favorite, because if I did, I can hang up my beer mug. However, if I had one IPA to choose from on an abandoned island somewhere, I'd have to go with Single Wide IPA by Boulevard Brewing Co. Kansas City, Missouri.
BTW I can't friggen wait to make a beer run on my motorbike! I'll film it for your pleasure too. ;)

sipa.jpg

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
A gourmand, I'm not. An ocassional sipper of the nectar of the gods, I am. These are the current stable in my frig --- one is my 'go to beer', the other is my 'flavor of the month'.......

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is the beer I can drink year after year, decade after decade and not get tired of it. 30 years of it now so I rest my case.

One of my favorites is The Bruery's "Black Tuesday"........20% abv. Any questions?

dnut

(it's really only 19%abv :D )

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
20% ABV Imperial Stout from California. I wouldn't expect anything less. How's the taste? LOL Nice pics BTW. I love the beer bottle caps over the eyes one the most.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Reminds me of someone from ToonTown...........lol!!

I just haven't developed the taste for the stouts. Dos Equi regular is about the stoutest that I go. I tend to have an affinity for the amber wheats.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have come to like a good IPA

Tried a few different beers while in Omaha

The first picture, breakfast stout... Worst beer I have ever had. Oatmeal stout brewed with coffee beans.

The next picture is one I purchased cause I got a kick out of the label, turned out to be a good beer. It's one of the top 100 brewers in the world.

On a lighter note: bud light

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've found if it says IPA, wheat, hefewezien, Belgian, Amber, Bock .......... I'll usually find it at least OK.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
20% ABV Imperial Stout from California. I wouldn't expect anything less. How's the taste? LOL Nice pics BTW. I love the beer bottle caps over the eyes one the most.
Let's just say you would never know that it's 19.5%abv by the taste of it as it isn't hot by any means. It is very complex and delicious however.

I like big barleywines and imperial stouts........especially barrel aged stuff. I know beers like.....like....nevermind, you don't wanna know :D

dnut

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Speak of stout...I happen to love this coffee stout made by a local brewery here. It's seasonal and they use beans from a cafe here in town that, well brews their own beer too. LOL. Anyway, you can actually taste the coffee in this. The best thing is the brewery is named after the Mother road route 66 which they are located on. I live a few blocks away from there so it will be a nice place to visit after I get my motorbike going.
.bf.
winter.jpg

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Let's just say you would never know that it's 19.5%abv by the taste of it as it isn't hot by any means. It is very complex and delicious however.

I like big barleywines and imperial stouts........especially barrel aged stuff. I know beers like.....like....nevermind, you don't wanna know :D

dnut
I know what you mean. The alcohol is an added bonus but shouldn't be all a beer has going for it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I never drink a beer for the alcohol.....I go for the taste I find agreeable. It's probably been 25 years, or more, since I've been 'snockered' past the point of the legal limit. Some of my friends find it strange that I can leave beer in my frig for upwards of a month before I drink any of it. Some of my friends find it strange that I even have beer. Cie la vie...............

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A couple of guys from Boulevard got hired on at Lost Abbey a couple years or so ago, Monkey Mike and Gordy. Mike's still at Lost Abbey (Port Brewing) as far as I know, but not sure where Gordy is these days?

San Diego is a beer Mecca for those that haven't figured it out yet ;) Prolly have 50 of the best brewers in the world here, and i'm serious when I say this.

Hop on over and see for yourself (pun intended)! IPA capital of the universe!

.wee.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I don't like beer over 5%. Tastes wierd.

Tried the barleywines, most around 10%, never even seen anything higher.

If I did I wouldn't buy it.

If I want stiff, I drink booze - :)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I havent had alcohol for several years. I just liked it way to much. When I did drink I used to brew my own meads, my particular favorite was a Sparkling Ginger mead which basically was a alcoholic version of Ginger Ale....mmmmmmmmm yummy! When I did drink beer I liked Yeungling

Now I find Goslings Ginger Beer to be pretty good no alcohol but hits the back of the throat like a beer.

Last edited:

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Favorite beer on the planet: Left Hand Brewing- Nitro Milk Stout. So so smooth.

Looking to get a nitrogen system set up at home so I can put my homebrewed stouts on nitro.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I reviewed a peanut butter, banana and chocolate beer the other day on my website. I must say it was interesting nonetheless.