CNS v1 Racing carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

1st.timmer

Dec 27, 2010
Phoenix.Arizona
Hey I have a 48 cc 2 stroke bike engine and I was looking at after market parts will the CNS v1 racing carb make a performance in speed and just over all everything if I have a stock carb?brnot

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Considering the breathing capacity of the 48cc China girl I've found that a stock 48cc will run just fine on the stock carb.
I port match the manifold/intake gasket/intake port interface to insure smooth flow, then I try to insure a air tight fit between the carb and intake and throw on a good high flow air filter first, these mods are cheap or free and worth a shot before buying a new carb.
You might want to consider one of Manic Mechanics straight shot ported intake manifolds from Pirate Cycles(if your build will allow) and a more free flowing exhaust pipe.
Some times a bigger carb will kill intake velocity, that will rob power from any 2 stroke.
Unless the spent gasses have some place to go, a bigger carb CAN be counter productive.
Good luck.
BBB

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've seen a few people say they noticed an improvement over the stock carb by going to a speed carb.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
IMO the biggest advantages of the CNS carb: Smoother, quiter, lower rpm idle with the deticated idle fuel/air mix screw, And you get a choke on your handle bars you can crack open whenever it sputters a little (Like up a steep hill), Also, its a REAL choke circuit that *adds* fuel, Not takes away air, So using it does NOT reduce proformance untill you make the mixture too rich. I get near full power from startup to shut down, No warmups.

Unfortualy the CNS carb also seems to leak if its even a few degrees tilted back, slowly, So you'll need to mount it tilted forward slightly (Side towards the engine 'low', Air filter side 'high')

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca
yeah that's interesting Moon. your right the speed carb just takes away air as opposed to adding more fuel - my vote is for more fuel - GETTING ONE!!!!!

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Ibought a 48cc Skyhawk GT2B and it came with the cns carb and for the life of me I could not get that SUCKER to run right!!! Tried every stuff to get it to run but came up short. To make a long story short I put an old NT carb on and it ran like a champ. My leason from this is, the cns carb is JUNK!

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
SPEED carb all day, any day in the way of stokers IMO personally I could not bother with the CNS sounds like too much of a head $%ck..
KISS princibles and ya cant go wrong.
If I was chasing more performance CNS doesnt come to mind at all..
18mm mikuni with the supporting mods would give me an errection though.rotfl