what do you do for a living

GoldenMotor.com

djtino

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario
Hi ... i searched the forum but didnt find any thing and decide to start a thread

so ... what do you do for a living ??

Personally i'm a mechanics for the Canadian Army

do you think i can fit that on a bike ?

Attachments

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I'm currently a Host Home Provider and take care of a developmentally disabled man but in the past I've been a Diesel Mechanic and a general car mechanic also done pizza delivery and anything that made my family's life comfortable.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is what I do for a living!! L.A. IRONWORKERS UNION, LOCAL 433
The first pic is what I'm currently working on. The second pic, is a building that I was just working on, & the third is a pic from the roof of where I'm currently working, looking out at two buildings that my homies are building in Downtown L.A.
WE BUILD 'EM BIG, SON!!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Retired after 40 years of restoring antique furniture.
If you want a thrill in life, restore a piece of furniture that was made by someone in the days when the nobles wore armour into battle.
Steve.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I was a VERIZON phone guy for 32 years. dance1

They made me an offer to retire that I couldn't refuse.:-||

Been working for Child Welfare for almost 5 years. Besides shuffling paper, I'm the favorite uncle who takes foster children to therapy, pick them up at the police station, move them to their next home, etc.

Now work interferes with play..dd.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I owned a towing/recovery company in Toronto Canada, but had to sell due to a visual disability (lost use of an eye)
...now, I live with my daughter and her family in arizona and play/watch my granddaughters everyday :):):)
best gig I ever had :)

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
I work for Dissability services as a carer. I look after 4 mentally/developmentally dissabled men in a group home situation offering around the clock care. I also help out my neighbour who owns a pannel and paint shop. Before that I was a mechanic

roachhill

Aug 14, 2008
bacikwoods of northern PA
I was a full time otr driver till I realized life was passing me by while I was always at work. Now I just deliver trucks when I need cash and goof off the rest of the time. ahh the lesure class it's a nice life if you can afford it (or don't mind always being broke).

capturedbyrobots

Jul 24, 2008
I tour the USA and sometimes Canada with my rock band
made up entirely of robots.
I'm the only human in the band.
Yes , Robots. I made robotic guitars, bass, drums, horn section, all powered by pneumatics.
We play dive bars (my favorite) and rock venues.
Been doing it for 12 years, making my living from it for 3-4 years.

Look for us in Fall, for our 2009 tour.
Captured! By Robots: Index

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
dvddtz-My parents owned 2 bowling alleys in the 50's.My brother and I were setting pins by the time we were ten.
People can't understand why we hate bowling with such a passion.
Up untill 2 years ago I worked for an auctioneer in upstate N.Y. as well as refinished furniture.My health gave out and I had to quit.
Did a lot of antique shows in Fla.Miss it all.
Steve.

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
currently professionally a butcher, but been in grocery business for 23 years plus...

but when I need some spare coin I usually will find some work in a automotive shop doing anything from customizing to rebuilding & sometimes body shops from light work to clipping cars & have been known to pop into an independent Harley shop & work a day or two for some spare coin I have even done that while on vacation & seen something I wanted to buy & not enough cash so I sometimes go scrounging the bike shops & see if anyone is needing help a few hours or a day or 2, when you can work on Harleys from the 1930's to 1985 & pretty much know what parts are available from what catalogs & can be professional they will give you a try to see if you can do the game you talk.

Later,
Randy

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California
I'm a student at syracuse university for engineering.
currently deferred so working painting and varnishing boats at a wood boats boatyard. Also paint houses.
Planning on joining the marines after college as an officer