Aluminum bike, Dax engine, SBP Shifter, New Powder

GoldenMotor.com

Gilbert Lindle

Feb 14, 2019
I recently disassembled my bike and powder coated every piece I could. I PC'd the cylinder, head, ( I didn't do the lower assembly, it is painted) breather, manifold, engine covers, all the SBP shifter parts, the crank arms, chainring, motor mounts, exhaust pipe, clutch cable spring, clutch lever, brake levers, all high gloss black. The breather is red. My photo skills don't do the powder coating justice. If you click on the pic after it opens, to zoom in, they are a little clearer.

I bought this bike at K-Mart. It had a couple of scratches on it as most of their bikes do. I asked for the manager and told him the bike was damaged but I would buy it at a reduced price. He sold it to me for $99.99. It was marked $140.00. I saved $50.00 on a Schwinn Searcher the same way. It doesn't hurt to ask sometimes.

Also I found when I stripped the paint only the front half of this bike is aluminum! The rear is steel.

Attachments

Gilbert Lindle

Feb 14, 2019
HI could you tell me what kind of engine mount you used. My BCA 29 Aluminum has a fat frame bar like yours and I am wondering how I am going to get my 80cc 2stroke to mount to it when I get it.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum Gilbert, i-paint hasn't been on the forum in the last 7 years so he probably won't answer. Search the forum for mounting techniques and you'll find some pretty good ideas.

Gilbert Lindle

Feb 14, 2019
Greg58 I have 48 spoke wheels on this bike should I just get another bike or can I make the 48 spoke pattern work because I am reading that it should be 36 spoke...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve never used a 48 spoke wheel but some here have, if you will start a build thread on your project you will get a lot of answers.