2 Stroke China Engine Stock Carb Questions.

GoldenMotor.com

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
I got a new engine from BGF on ebay. I wanted to do a little fine tuning from what I've read. First off what is the stock clip setting on the needle or what do you guys use with your setup. Also on the idle screw,is there a stock setting for this also or is that just something that has to be played with and set accordingly.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I got a new engine from BGF on ebay. I wanted to do a little fine tuning from what I've read. First off what is the stock clip setting on the needle or what do you guys use with your setup. Also on the idle screw,is there a stock setting for this also or is that just something that has to be played with and set accordingly.
Just about every engine runs differently. Trial and error on the clip. As far as idle screw, adjust for higher RPM turning it in clockwise till your engine idles.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum.

Every motor I've bought from BGF with a NT carb liked the needle on the leanest position, and a 68 jet. Stock jet is about a 70. You could probably even go 66, but try a 68 first.

Keep an eye on your spark plug. Don't worry too much about tuning till you get about 150-200 miles and start running a regular mix raito. Break it in with 24:1. Don't do 16:1 like the instructions say.

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Welcome to the forum.

Every motor I've bought from BGF with a NT carb liked the needle on the leanest position, and a 68 jet. Stock jet is about a 70. You could probably even go 66, but try a 68 first.

Keep an eye on your spark plug. Don't worry too much about tuning till you get about 150-200 miles and start running a regular mix raito. Break it in with 24:1. Don't do 16:1 like the instructions say.
To late.I did one gallon with 16:1. I'm just gonna let that run threw then I'll start using 25:1 and see what happens.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
32:1 or 40:1 is better yet.

The clip should be at the second from the top, but as stated above, look at your plug to be sure the setting is right.

It should be brown or a little black, not light gray or white.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yep, could be....

When you mix at 40:1 you have less oil, more gasoline in the mixture, and that gives you a richer fuel/air ratio. You can actually run an engine too lean by having too much oil in the mix.

Does that make sense?

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
Yep, could be....

When you mix at 40:1 you have less oil, more gasoline in the mixture, and that gives you a richer fuel/air ratio. You can actually run an engine too lean by having too much oil in the mix.

Does that make sense?
Yes & I just started looking at the needle and it was on the 2nd notch closet to the pointy end. I'm going to move it to the 2nd notch on the flat end since that seems to be stock and what everyone seems to use.