my four stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Here is the foundation for my four stroke build a early eighties Schwinn of course . so far I am in the process of replacing the rear drop outs and fitting up the front fork . This will be a Briggs powered bike. Ill try and keep posting pictures as I am going along for anyone interested in it .

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Take charge of that cut-off wheel, hack those bass akward drop-outs gone. Think of it like taking a brand new engine, tearing it down, then replacing stock inferior parts with high performance muscle parts laff.

Keep it coming, it's looking great so far.....

dnut

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Take charge of that cut-off wheel, hack those bass akward drop-outs gone. Think of it like taking a brand new engine, tearing it down, then replacing stock inferior parts with high performance muscle parts laff.

Keep it coming, it's looking great so far.....

dnut
Yeah I was able to bring myself to cut the dropouts off.
Cut it grind it to fit weld back on done .... Next line of business is a motor mount fun ...

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
well I got around to test fitting my motor in the frame looks like it will mount straight up and down . I will have to offset the motor about a inch but I can live with that here is what it will look like .

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Is that contact paper or thin wood veneer over a gravitry feed gas tank?

I have put a regular lawn mower tank up on the bar of my build and is is not very stylish. It is also sitting on just the right side of the bar, but I am planning an intake on the left. I may see if I could steam and bend a curvature to make those parts covered with thin wood. Maybe there is some marine epoxy coat that is also resistant to gasoline to paint the cover too.

Also a damn big 4 stroke engine also helps your build!

Measure Twice

sdjoe86

Oct 14, 2011
SanDiegoCalifornia
well I got around to test fitting my motor in the frame looks like it will mount straight up and down . I will have to offset the motor about a inch but I can live with that here is what it will look like .
That looks cool man! Hey I was wondering if you could shoot me some dimensions of your frame where the kit will go.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
well i got around to welding my motor mount in and the drop outs . i ordered my carburetor but they were out of stock so I have to wait on making my intake manifold . I am also waiting on my hubs so i can put my rims together . Hmmmm seems like I'm doing a lot of waiting .

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
well i got around to welding my motor mount in and the drop outs . i ordered my carburetor but they were out of stock so I have to wait on making my intake manifold . I am also waiting on my hubs so i can put my rims together . Hmmmm seems like I'm doing a lot of waiting .
Hardest part of the build.........waiting on parts! And waiting and waiting.

dnut

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Haven't lost interest in this , Just busy with other things at the moment . I did get around to making a muffler for it and a laid back seat post . I pick my rims up tomorrow so ill get the bike into a roller and post some pics .