sprocket size and their results?

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
I have built a couple 4G HS kits with the 50T sprockets.... they seem to go about 35mph... then i built two on the GT1 and GT2 bicycles.... they came with a 44T.

I expected that they would accelerate more slowly and do worse on hills.... but they seem to be the same on hills, and with acceleration, but max out at 25mph.... anyone have any ideas..... I don’t really need to go faster.... but I’d like to have the option

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Maybe you are maxing out slower because it is too tall of a gear for the motor and the motor cant handle it and stops accelarating before the motor tops out???
just a guess

i dont have any idea on how to go faster

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Thanks guys.... I’ll try to drill the 50T that came with the kit, so it will bolt to the hub, and see if that helps....

Such a weird problem.... doesn’t make sense to me still

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Gear ratio... the bigger the rear sprocket, the "shorter" the gearing, that is taking more engine revolutions to turn it the same number of turns. Mechanical advantage, leverage of sorts....confusion, yes. Look at the cogs on any multi-speed bike...the larger the rear sprocket is, the more mechanical advantage you have.

Taller gears are also called higher gears, or a lower ratio.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi All,

Jim at Creative suggested that I ask the forum, in particular:
Motorbikemike, JBcruisin, AZbill, Pirate cycles

I have a grubee 49cc 4 stroke g4 t engine/drive.

(have a 50t and bought a 44t rag joint too.)

Do you have a good, better and best suggestion for me please and why?

Im 200 lbs, live in 99% mostly flat florida, and want overall higher cruising speed, and take off, low speed power is less important.

Thank you. :)

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have no experience with a grubee kit, sorry I can't help much :(

but,,,having said that, Jim's adapter and the 72 he made for me is one of the best investments I have made for my ride :)

a grubee dealer might be able to help with a better tooth count for you (just the number of teeth)

But I will, and DO, reccomend Jim's parts (^)