Exhaust hanger solutions?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
One major weak point in these kits seems to be lack of any mounts for the exhaust pipe (which is mounted by just two soft M6 studs. Replacing the studs is easy enough, and I fabbed some ugly hangers out of metal banding... But there has to be a better solution. Am I just being a fool? Are there exhaust hangers out there for some other application that might fit the skinny little headpipe on this motor? It would be nice to have something that looked a bit less... homemade.

P.S: I mostly work on cars, so if this is a dumb question plz dont flame me too hard ;)

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
Thats what that thing was? Oops. I think that came in my kit and I threw it away. My home-made one actually looks less homemade than that anyway, and has rubber pads too.

Last edited:

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Ya i was used to car forums before i came here, and the car forums i was on are really immature, all they do is flame. I mean its fun if you like to argue, but if you really need to know something its worthless. This forum is really helpful, there are some people on here who really know their stuff. ^^^ for example lol

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I like flameslaff but I don't have any on my bikes yet! as for hangers for the exhaust one of my bikes has a baling wire metal strap and the rest have welded on mounting straps. one of my pipes doesn't have any support at all. I still run the stock nuts and studs on most haven't had an engine come loose yet but I have to be careful when following ilikeabikea his bike will throw parts off and at you from time to time.laff
norman