29er rear sprocket trouble

GoldenMotor.com

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
Hi guy, im currently haveing trouble with the rear sprocket that goes on the spokes.I have a 29er genesis that i bought from walmart.i took apart the whole rear hub and grinded the sprocket hole alittle more.I have a coaster brake and the bolt heads dont clear.Do i need sinker bolts?it has no dust cap.Also i bought some ape hangers 25inch and the throttle cables and clutch cables r to short what should i do?im new to this motorized bicycle scene would appreciate the help.Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'll mention it before someone else does...no need to post the question in several places. Patients is a virtue.

You can get/make longer cables. Several members here use ape hanger bars, a quick look around will tell you who has them.

As for the bolt clearance issues, you can grind down the heads, or as many do, bend your brake arm to clear the bolts.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What is your spoke count? In other words how many spokes does the rear wheel have. Count them. A rim with only 32 spokes will not adapt to the rag joint or an after market sprocket adapter. 36 spokes and you're good to go.

Ape hanger bars will require new cables. Most bicycle stores will carry cables, even Walmart has them.

And please post your question once in one section. Multiple and duplicate posts will be deleted.
Thank you.

Tom

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
sorry for the multi post.Im a newbie and didnt know where to post it.i counted the spokes and it has 48 of them. Do i need a bigger sprocket?

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
is there any special name for the adapter or just sprocket adapter?Pirate cycle has one called the emotion i believe.what i have have a onyx bike could you send me a pic of the sprocket i need.How many teeth is it suppose to have?thanks for the info.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I had no issues with the rag joint on a Genesis 29'er. Took a bit of work to assemble it but it fit fine after I forced the last two bolts through (had to fish a bit for the holes) I know it's not supposed to fit, but mine did. No problems so far (been sold several weeks)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
sorry for the multi post.Im a newbie and didnt know where to post it.i counted the spokes and it has 48 of them. Do i need a bigger sprocket?
You don't want a larger sprocket unless you weigh a lot or need to
climb a lot of hills.

Get the large CB 110 sprocket adapter here and the 40 tooth sprocket combo
off the drop down menu for $67
http://mmbikeparts.com/order.htm
29"bikes with 48 spokes per wheel requires the large adapter.