ok so how about the 79cc??

GoldenMotor.com

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
I have been back and forth with many people now. I really want to use a 4 stoke engine on my build but I have come to too many problems. The 49cc will not give me the speed or hill climbing ability I want. And the 99cc will give me jus wat I need in both categories but is way too big. Jus wish it was smaller. I need something the cops aren't gona look at and say hmmm that looks bigger than 49cc haha . So my questions to everyone is.... Is the hill climbing good with these 79cc engines?? What is the top speed that I can get out of them? Hopefully fast ha and last but not least are they also too big to pass off as a no license necessary to the cops?? Haha geez this build is becoming more complicated than I thought if would be haha about to get this bike sent to me within the next few days but just can't find the right 4 stroke. I am stuck on them due to the fact that I am going to be taking very long rides... Need reliability and jus Ned something easier. I've done a lot of research on both 4s and 2s and feel like a 4 just better fits my needs. Please someone help I want to get this show on the road haha

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Well, go ahead and use tke 99cc. It is the exact size and weight as the 79cc.
The 99cc sticker is easily removed, and some, like me, put a 49cc sticker in it's place.

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Ok see that's wat I was thinking. Does it look huge on a bike tho? What top speed am I looking at? And is it able to tackle any hill like I've been hearing?? Also since u have one on urs does it make your pedaling hard for u? Cuz I heard the with is like almost a foot .

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
My top speed is about 40mph. The width doesn't affect pedaling that much, but there is a lot of drag from turning the belts and clutch when pedaling.

So, I do pedal some when I'm cruising Bourbon street ,but not fast. But my transmissons are not typical, they are of my own design.

Here's some pix. The fricton drive now has a 2 speed belt transmisson. The belt drive one has a varible ratio belt tranny. Just got it running and still working out bugs.
DSC_1530.JPG

IMAG0223[1].jpg
The 2 speed will tacle any hill, the single speed will tacle most all hills with a little speed to get the engine in it's power range.

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Heres a pic with a little closer view of the pedals widened to fit the Preddy. They are stock ones that were bent. pedaling is no problem. Wayne has bent several sets, which convinced me to do so instead of buying a wide crank set. It was easy enough if you are equiped to do so, other wise the wide crank set is a good option. http://motorbicycling.com/f36/schwinn-point-beach-fd-remake-35810.html#post350339

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Very nice builds Wayne. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the 99cc with a Qmatic or somethin . It seems like jus wat I'm looking for and a 40-45 mph range is wat I'm looking for as well off not 50 haha I don't want to cruise at that but I want to have the ability to get there If I want to ha. One last question for you all. How do you feel about rack mounts? And is it possible to put one of these bigger size engines on a rack mount? Or do I gota put it on the frame?

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Big engines on a rack mount In my opinion should not be used. That is, big heavy engines. I think it would make the balance of bike all wrong and prone to falling over.

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Ok well I hope I can fit that engine on this bike then cuz I sure wana be doin at least 40 n tackel any hill I come across. Anyone got any suggestions on mods I should look into getting for my bike and 99cc 4 stroke?? I should be purchasing the bike and engine really soon so I wana know what else I should look into getting to perfect my performance

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ok well I hope I can fit that engine on this bike then cuz I sure wana be doin at least 40 n tackel any hill I come across. Anyone got any suggestions on mods I should look into getting for my bike and 99cc 4 stroke?? I should be purchasing the bike and engine really soon so I wana know what else I should look into getting to perfect my performance
Look no further........affordablegokarts: 99cc Predator

dnut

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Thanks scotto.... Pretty much got everything right there haha so performance wise... If I get the Qmatic.. carb... Air filter... Jackshaft.... And Take off the governor.. I'm pretty much modified to the max with the predator? And is there any of which I can leave out? And one more question since you are for sure the 4 stroke king from what I see haha where do I get the kit from to actually hook the engine up to the bike for an affordable price? And will it be hard?

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Jackshaft isnt a performance upgrade, its a transmission. You pick either the Jackshaft, or the qmatic. Both give you the same function, but the jackshaft is chain driven, and the Qmatic is belt. Jshaft is a cheaper (keep in mind you need to buy their max torque predator clutch as well)

And before you go upgrading the carb, removing governor, you should think about internal upgrades, as the stock internals arent meant to handle the rpms you will be running. Billet flywheel and connecting rod are basically what you need, if you wanna rev higher get stronger pushrods/valve springs. Also theres performance cams, and tons more stuff you can do for performance on these motors.

Last edited:

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Wow seems like a lot. Seems like I gota have some motor knowledge which i dont lol what would b the easiest way to get in the 40-50 range and tackle any hill?? What are the necessary upgrade for that? That's pretty much all I need and to make sure i can taj this thing on loooooonnngg journeys

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Wow seems like a lot. Seems like I gota have some motor knowledge which i dont lol what would b the easiest way to get in the 40-50 range and tackle any hill?? What are the necessary upgrade for that? That's pretty much all I need and to make sure i can taj this thing on loooooonnngg journeys

a motorcycle if your looking at 40 to 50 with hills or a 212 cc predator

these bikes are not for doing 40 50 cruiseing try 25 30 for a good cruiseing and 40 for your top top end .

the 99cc predator ive heard does hills alot better but ruffly remains the same on cruiseing speed and top end.