CNS and NT Throttle cable

GoldenMotor.com

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if the throttle cables are interchangeable between the CNS v2 and the NT? I've gotten a new NT to replace my CNS but just realized the throttle cable may have to be replaced also. Is the little piece at the end of the cable the same size for both of them?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've swapped them right out. if by "the little piece" you mean the little lump of lead that fits into the slide, then yeah, they're interchangable.

the needle, slide, etc. aren't the same between the two carbs, though.

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, the switch-over worked great. I did learn that the throttle cable from the DAX RT is too long to work. Cable was too long. Couldn't tighten the tension enough for it to work. I thought it would be the size of the lead piece on the end. Thanks for your help.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The cable constructions are the same in that both cable ends are the same but the cable out distance is different. The CNS requires about 1.5 cm less cable for the same length of jacket. If you have enough adjustment you can make it work but since most CNS carbs don't have an adjuster at the carb most find they can't take all the slack out of the cable when switching from an NT to a CNS.