Sportsman Racer Latest Photos

GoldenMotor.com

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Just checked the CAD file. The wheel base is 49 1/4" inches with the rear wheel all the way forward. At mid adjustment that would put it at a 50" wheel base. What's a thread bump without a couple pictures? Here are some drive train detail shots of Racer 5, my personal Racer, from the shop late last night. As I build more of these stretch frames (11 so far), I am finding ways to make my job easier. I am also figuring out that not all rear drum brake hubs are the same. Each hub requires a fair amount of dialing in. There are different configurations available to every aspect of these hubs, from axles, to backing plates, offset, sprocket selection, freewheel choice. I have started padding and covering my BTR seats with leather, too.

RACER 5 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

RACER 5 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
thanks Pat, very cool indeed. I was measuring my 450 on the way in from work, it is 75 inches end to end on the wheels, and the tires are 19 inch rims so about 23 inches if you include the height of the rubber.

Also, did you see someone is selling your sportsman on ebay? in his write up he makes it sounds as if he did alot of mods to make it perfect. hmmmm...anyhow figure you would like to see it..

Indian Harley Vintage Board Track Racer motor Bicycle - eBay (item 280688699716 end time Jun-11-11 03:38:08 PDT)

xct2

sailah

May 31, 2011
Pittsburgh
Pat,

Great work. I'm new so forgive me but what kind of hubs are those?

Look s great

Last edited by a moderator: