Propane conversion?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Has made it to #4 or five on my back burner list of things to try. Or spend money on while creating scrap. lol.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Has made it to #4 or five on my back burner list of things to try. Or spend money on while creating scrap. lol.

Yea, I think I'll let this one ride for a while also.....supercharged and Nitro come well before propane on my listrotfldance1

And 25cc is def 2 steps back!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is a cool thought though. Best of luck Tilted, please keep posting.

Oh man Scotto. Super charged an' nitro!

Dang it! now thinking "forward motion/wind powered super charging"

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Is a cool thought though. Best of luck Tilted, please keep posting.

Oh man Scotto. Super charged an' nitro!

Dang it! now thinking "forward motion/wind powered super charging"

Don't forget the flux capacitors.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I have been interested in a propane powered 2 stroke as well. The problem is that the 2 stroke needs to be supplied with oil constantly or it will seize up.

I have thought of running a supply of 75% washer fluid (methanol alcohol and water) and 25% oil to the carb where the gas mix would normally run, setting the carb on lowest fuel setting/notch and injecting the propane through a modified air filter box, which is a popular way to convert 4 stroke briggs lawnmowers to propane. A lot of people are using common 5lb PSI regulators such as used on barbeque grills. I am not sure if you want to try a fluctuating gas regulator, such as controlled by engine vaccuum. The lawnmower conversions usually just put the propane hose very near the carburetor, inside the filter, and set up for max speed or the optimized speed for use. The rest wastes at idle, out the filter, or gets wasted by the engine at low speed when the throttle is closed.